Victor Kellar

Victor Kellar Plus

I am a Plus member and understand that I am able to load videos at 1080 but I don't know how this is done, the option does not appear anywhere in my Video tab, please tell me what I am missing

Thanks

Victor Kellar

Victor Kellar Plus

Yes that's what I tried but I got the note about Vimeo compressing it to 720 (or whatever) and noting that Plus members can bypass this .. well I'm a Plus member

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Right, but the only way the option to upgrade a clip to 1080p will show up on the site is if you upload a clip that is 1080p. Upscaling a 1280x720 clip to 1080p would only reduce its quality.

Make sure that you're exporting 1080p from your editing or compression software before you upload to Vimeo.

Victor Kellar

Victor Kellar Plus

Yes, that's what I tried, exporting it from Final Cut as 1080p, but it won't let me do so, it automatically scales it to 720

Victor Kellar

Victor Kellar Plus

Here's the exact message I get:

This video's resolution is 1080p. By default we automatically convert large HD footage to 720p for better playback. If you'd prefer to display your work in 1080p, there's an option for that.

But I don't see the option, that's what I was asking about in the first place

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

The option is greyed out if the source file is 720p. For example, take a look at the screenshot I posted below. I uploaded this video in 720p quality, so the option to upgrade it to 1080p is greyed out.

Can you link me to the video you mention that has a resolution of 1080p but isn't upgradable?

Link: cl.ly/image/2E351039263X

Victor Kellar

Victor Kellar Plus

Ok the screen shot answered my question, I didn't see where the option was in the first place

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.