Jon Rolfes

Jon Rolfes

Currently videos are not playing up till a few days a go they did play now they are not. Looking for guidance and help.

Thanks

Jon

Link: twice-eyes.com

Mark

Mark Staff

I can't find a page on that site that has our embed code on it. Can you link me to one?

Jon Rolfes

Jon Rolfes

When you open the page you should see the following video vimeo.com/68843089 it should where you see those dots those should only display when the video loads, or on the bottom of the page click on "Hand Jobs". You will then get a screen full of images which should load a video when you click on a link.

This is one of those single page sites......

Link: vimeo.com/68843089

Mark

Mark Staff

All I see is a blinking dot. Our embed code is not present anywhere on this page so unfortunately there's nothing we can do to troubleshoot here. Something may be wrong with whatever plugin or CMS you're using.

Scotwork

Scotwork PRO

I received a massages that my videos are not playing on our website. I am only experiencing issues on IE11 which doesn't want to play any of my embeded videos (no issues with other browsers). I get this message instead of the video:

'What’s going on here?

Some of your technology may be out of date, and this video may not play properly.'

The thing is that everything is up to date (flash, java etc.). I have tired your fix suggested in the topic about playback issues for Windows users but it didn't make any difference.

The person who complained about not being able to view my videos gets a different message and videos won;t work on IE11 and Chrome. In this case the message is:
'Major bummer

This video can't be played with your current set-up'

Can you help resolve this please? Link to embeded video below

Link: scotwork.com/courses

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Sorry for the trouble! Please double check that you have JavaScript enabled in your browser settings.

You should suggest the same to the person who contacted you.

Scotwork

Scotwork PRO

Hi Mikey,
Thanks, It seems that Java is Enabled in my IE. Any other suggestions?

I will advise the user who send me a message to see if it works with him.

Scotwork

Scotwork PRO

Forgot to add that i can view videos on Vimeo website - it's the embeded stufff that doesn't work.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Unfortunately, it appears that the Internet Service Provider (ISP) Telia and its subsidiaries recently started blocking traffic to Vimeo.com and the Vimeo player. We are unsure why this is happening and are urgently attempting to contact Telia to resolve the matter.

In the meantime, we encourage you to contact your ISP directly, explain that you are no longer able to access Vimeo, and ask them to restore your access. If you receive any information that may be helpful to our developers, please let us know.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We will post updates here when the issue is resolved: vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:116084

Chris Boon

Chris Boon PRO

We have embedded several videos on the same page on our membership site. It usually works fine, but today I received messages from a couple of members that none of the videos are loading at this moment on IE and FireFox. They get the message: "Waiting for player.vimeo.com..."

One member said everything was working fine till today, yesterday the videos were still playing on his computer.

I have tried both IE, FireFox and Chrome and on my laptop everything works fine.

Do you guys have any tips or solutions for this problem?

Kind regards,
Chris & Tim

Quickstep Consulting

Quickstep Consulting PRO

One of our clients, on IE8, was able to watch our embedded videos fine until recently. Today they get a blank video panel and then a 'connection timed out' message. We previously had issues with their firewall but they are permitted viewing of vimeo.com video embedded on quickstep.ie. So I assume it's not a firewall issue? Meanwhile, video is fine for me on Firefox, Safari and IE9, no problems.
Any ideas?
Thanks. Alan.

Link: quickstep.ie/modules/detail/performance-fees

Mark

Mark Staff

Are they on Telia or one of its subsidiaries? Please see Derek's response above.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

We are currently working on resolving this issue. Thanks for your patience!

Chris Boon

Chris Boon PRO

Can we get some feedback on our situation?

We have a couple of paying clients that can't watch the embedded videos on our membership site.

Their browsers show: "Waiting for player.vimeo.com..."

Could the Telia issue also be the cause of this? As far as we know Telia doesn't operate in the Netherlands.

Pablo Videla

Pablo Videla

Same problem here. I can't seem to play uploaded videos either on my Vimeo account or on my website. Seemed to be working fine a week ago. I've tried on various browsers but no luck. Any help solving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Link: vimeo.com/90202108

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.