John

John Plus

I am getting the same message on my videos.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you link me to the videos you are having trouble with?

Dakota

Dakota Plus

It seems to have fixed itself today. But thanks Derek for the quick response.
John

Fabián C. Barrio

Fabián C. Barrio

I'm trying to play this video in Opera and all I get is a black screen.

Fabián C. Barrio

Fabián C. Barrio

with Firefox I get the message "Curses, this video can't be played..."

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Are you running any add-ons or plugins with Firefox? If so, could you try disabling them? Do any other videos play for you on Vimeo or is it just this one?

Fabián C. Barrio

Fabián C. Barrio

No plugins or addons. Firefox isn't my primary browser, so it's a basic install.
Other videos on Vimeo are played just fine.
Other video services play just fine.

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling flash?

Anthony Fook

Anthony Fook

Curses!
This video can’t be played with your current setup.
Got this error message while I'm trying to watch the video. Please help!

Link: vimeo.com/68644293

Austin Weight

Austin Weight

When linked to other sites it come up with the message ¡Ay caramba!
This video can’t be played with your current setup.

Link: vimeo.com/90023966

Meghan Oretsky

Meghan Oretsky Staff

Hi PAD, after looking at your past cases I did see that we replied to your e-mail on April 22nd. Could you please check your SPAM folder for our response or provide a different e-mail for us to contact you at?

Ralph Cummings

Ralph Cummings

First time I have ever tried to view a video here and I am getting "video can't be played with your current setup" message. What do I need to do to view the video?

Mark

Mark Staff

Do you have any browser add-ons or plugins running? Any antivirus or firewalls?

Les Champs Libres

Les Champs Libres PRO

I have browser add-ons and plugins. I tried to disabling them but no result. The video on Vimeo doesn't play.
No antivirus or firewalls on my PC (it's not my personnal PC but in my office)

Version Firefox : 27.0.1 (doesn't work)
Version Chrome : 30.0.1599.101 (doesn't work)
Version IE8 (work)
PC - Windows 7

Thanks for help

Pugpig

Pugpig

We have embedded our video vimeo.com/90740753 into our website homepage. On testing we get "Curses This video can't be played with your current setup" message when viewing in Silk Browser on Kindle. Any tips on what we'd need to change to support this?

Link: vimeo.com/90740753

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you try the following?

• Tap the Menu button > Settings > Clear cache.
  • If clearing cache didn't help, go into Settings again and uncheck Accelerate page loading.
Pugpig

Pugpig

Ok will do and I will report back, another thing we've noticed is when the browser window / web page is scaled down the video still image frame changes from having black bars to being clipped/cropped. Can we do anything about this, is it our embed code? See this url without gaps http:// staging. pugpig.com/reader/# and scale. Happens in latest Chrome on Mac version.

Link: staging.pugpig.com/reader/#

Pugpig

Pugpig

Re. clear cache on silk browser kindle -- this has worked. Thanks.

Pugpig

Pugpig

Still have the scaling down issue with our still frame on video (see prev comments). Also found a similar Can not play with current setup on Firefox v29 on mac...

Mark

Mark Staff

Is the mac behind the same firewalls?

Elssol Production

Elssol Production Plus

I getting a message that request of URL is not found on this server. Im using iPad iOS 7 all my other video playback well except for this video I upload today. Here is the video I upload
vimeo.com/95563422

Doankhanh

Doankhanh

I get the same this message on my ipad. Please advise how to setup on ipad. Thank

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Could you provide a link to the video you're trying to play from your iPad?

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Which browsers are you experiencing it in? Have you disabled all plug-ins/add-ons/extensions?

Júlia de Balle

Júlia de Balle Plus

Hi,
This message appears for any videos when trying to play them on Firefox. I've tried cleaning the cache but same happens.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Are you running any add-ons or plugins? If so, could you try disabling them?

jacob weyer

jacob weyer

Hi, I'm having the same issues listed above. I have no add-ons for Firefox.

Using firefox 31.0 on a Macbook Pro running OS X Version 10.9.4

I get various error messages, followed by a "This video can't be played with your setup."

Any ideas on how to fix this? Every video on Vimeo appears like this in Firefox, along with the videos I call from the API.

Chrome and Safari both work fine.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi Jacob, It looks like you're not running Flash on Firefox. Flash is required for Firefox, but not for Chrome and Safari, which use our HTML5 player.

You can download it here: get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Island Company

Island Company Plus

I have a few videos that are receiving the error message "This video can't be played with your current setup" while trying to view them on my iPad. All these videos work on all browsers, but this one won't open up on the iPad. Here is the URL for the video: player.vimeo.com/video/42469201

I'm not quite sure why this is happening with only this one video. I have 5 other videos all from vimeo on my site, 2 on the same page, and they all work fine.

Link: player.vimeo.com/video/42469201

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate Staff

Could you let me know what type of iPad you're using and the version of iOS?

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

This specific video isn't playing from your iPad because it's been ugpraded to 1080p, which the iPad doesn't support.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.