Primespeak

Primespeak PRO

We get the following errors on Chrome 34.0.1847.131 m on Windows 7 64-bit as well as on Chromium 34.0.1847.116 Ubuntu 14.04 aura:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'LivePass' of undefined player.js:292
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'ConvivaContentInfo' of undefined player.js:284

We do however have one more Windows 7 64-bit machine with the same version of Chrome that plays videos without problems. IE and Firefox play videos without problems on all machines.

Videos on vimeo.com play fine for us but the ones embedded on our sites won't play.

Link: elearning.dentalcorp.com.au/The-Tired-Dentist

Mark

Mark Staff

Hi there! Are you still experiencing this issue?

LiquidPixels

LiquidPixels PRO

I am experiencing the same issue (with the same JS errors) in Chrome 35.0.1916.99 beta on Mac OS X 10.9.2.

The video appears to load, but when the play button is clicked nothing happens.

Link: jcroke.com/video/

Meghan Oretsky

Meghan Oretsky Staff

Hi there, Would you mind explaining a little more what happens when you attempt to play your videos? Do they appear to try to buffer or just go black? Your video is working fine on my end.

Ingrid Skousgard

Ingrid Skousgard

I have this same problem too. Video shows, but when I click play, nothing happens.
(Mine is on a Mac. Problem is in Chrome and Safari.)
Link: ingridskousgard.com

Meghan Oretsky

Meghan Oretsky Staff

Hi there, Would you mind explaining a little more what happens when you attempt to play your videos? Do they appear to try to buffer or just go black? Also, could you provide a more direct link to the video or videos you are referring to?

fredrik falkman

fredrik falkman

For me no embedding seems to work right now. All I get is a black box.
Embedding iFrame (as I have done frequently) in Adobe Muse on a Mac, tried multiple browsers.

Link: ffd.se/rescueboard.html

Meghan Oretsky

Meghan Oretsky Staff

Hi Fredrick, are you still experiencing this problem? I just took a look at the link you provided and could play the embed on your site with no issues.

MDS Digital

MDS Digital Plus

Any notes on this yet? We seem to be having the same issue since this morning and the issue doesn't seem like it's constant but happening on some cases. Any ideas?

Could it be an issue with third party cookies? It seems odd though since the first video does work properly.

Link: fb.mdsdigital.com/nissan/public/

David Haimson

David Haimson

I'm seeing the error "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'LivePass' of undefined" at player.js:288. Apparently the player works despite this error, but I suppose it might be failing in some way I can't detect.
Could you guys code this so it handles this case appropriately, instead of throwing an error?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you link me to the embedded video, and the app you're using to load in a webview?

TCI

TCI PRO

Hmm. All of the sudden I can't play any of my Vimeo videos on Chrome (but Firefox works just fine). I'm on Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1 running Chrome: Version 38.0.2125.101 m.

When I click this link for example: vimeo.com/108517339 I get a black screen and it looks like the video is going to load but it never does. Same thing happens if the video is embedded. Here is a sample: teachtci.com/resource_center/how_to_videos/student_subscription.html

TCI

TCI PRO

Just saw that this issue is also happening on YouTube. There is just something with trying to play videos on Chrome.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Hi there,

Are you running any add-ons or plugins with Chrome? If so, could you try disabling them?

2sant

2sant

I have the same problem in Crome as TCI only my youtube videos still play! im not running any add-ons or plugins

2sant

2sant

It worked for a minute on the Vimeo website but didnt work at all for embedded but now its back to not working. I tried refreshing the page numerous times and it worked once on the Vimeo site only

Spenser Johnson

Spenser Johnson Plus

Same issue... can't play any vimeo videos on Chrome whatsoever, but they work fine with Firefox. Cleared my cache/cookies, tried disabling plugins, but no dice. When I hit the play button, the striped load bar comes up like it's going to load.. sometimes the grey bar will advance a small amount and stop, and sometimes it's just the striped load bar, but regardless, I can't actually play anything and the screen stays black.

For a few days I was able to watch them by posting on facebook and watching it there, but now all vimeo links are taking me to the actual vimeo page for the video, so that option no longer works... not that I wanted to keep doing that forever, hah.

Halp?

Mark

Mark Staff

Try this:

1. Open a new tab and go to "chrome://flags"
  2. Find "Disable hardware-accelerated video decode" and click "Enable"
  3. Restart Chrome

Does that do anything?

D Kenneth Caleb

D Kenneth Caleb

I am attempting to add a video to my google classroom page but when the students attempt to open it from there end it won't open up. It says there is no conncetion!

Link: vimeo.com/79534247#t=0s

Mark

Mark Staff

That is not a Vimeo error message, so that issue is stemming from elsewhere. Unfortunately, we're unable to troubleshoot that.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.