PULSE Movement

PULSE Movement Plus

Hi Vimeo! Both I and others in my office are having trouble playing Vimeo videos (namely, we can't).

I see the same stills I would see if there was a play button, but there's no play button. I tried Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. No luck. I went through 2-3 forums that seemed to match my problem, telling me to disable this or update that – still nothing.

The strangest part? When I embed the video into a website or log in to my Vimeo account, it works fine! But as soon as I log out, I don't have the option of playing the video (or any video on Vimeo).

Is this something I've just missed? It seems like non-Vimeo users should be able to watch our videos on Vimeo.

I would really appreciate a hand as most people who receive our Vimeo links don't personally have accounts. It would be very much preferred that our audience be able to watch our videos (as opposed to not). I'm sure you understand.

Respectfully,

Camden McAfee
On behalf of PULSE Movement

Link: vimeo.com/86060124

Mark

Mark Staff

Are you behind a corporate firewall?

PULSE Movement

PULSE Movement Plus

By golly, I think that did it! I'll try whitelisting the site to gain approval. Thanks for the feedback, Mark!

InterVarsity twentyonehundred

InterVarsity twentyonehundred PRO

Mark, we are also having this problem. We do have a firewall here, but have not had this problem in the past, and are not getting the firewall notification (Vimeo is not a flagged site).

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you check and make sure *.vimeo.com and *.vimeocdn.com are whitelisted? Note the * wildcard, that's important.

InterVarsity twentyonehundred

InterVarsity twentyonehundred PRO

It does seem as though it's only a problem for computers logged into our wired network. Videos load fine when on our wireless network. Our IT team is working to figure out what the issues are. Thanks.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.