abc

abc

No matter which browser I open it in, Chrome, Firefox or IE, it keeps displaying the same message. I have installed adobe flash player, and checked that there are no additional plug-ins. But nothing works!
i have also checked a past forum(vimeo.com/forums/topic:110199) which has been closed with the same question, yet this problem is persisting six months later!

Link: vimeo.com/100098037

Mark

Mark Staff

Do you have any antivirus software or firewalls running?

abc

abc

thank you, i disabled it and it works :'(

Mark

Mark Staff

This video doesn't work, even with your antivirus and firewall disabled?

abc

abc

Yes, it doesn't.

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate Staff

Is this just in Chrome that you're seeing the error? Can you check Firefox or IE and see if you get the same error or if it plays there?

Tyler T.

Tyler T.

Same issue here with Firefox & Opera - getting the "can't be played on current setup" message. On a Mac and haven't tested IE. Chrome and Safari are working fine.

Firefox and Opera are both fresh installs on a new computer, latest versions of both and neither have plug-ins installed. Firefox in safe-mode doesn't change the behavior. The video is embedded in a modal and uses the API to play/pause - again it's working perfectly on Chrome and Safari.

Any ideas?

An answer other than 'turn plug-ins' off would be incredibly helpful. We are going to change the link from http to https to see if that makes a difference. If there is not a clear fix it will be difficult for me to push for Vimeo on projects going forward if it's not fully-supported on the 3rd most popular browser.

Link: thechain.org/

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Hi Tyler,

You need to have Flash installed for Firefox on OS X and Opera on any OS in order to play our videos. Firefox should support our videos natively by the end of the year.

Tyler T.

Tyler T.

Thanks for the reply Brad - you're right, it was a Flash issue on a fresh computer! Good to know FF will support Flash natively by the end of the year.

One other question -- would you happen to know why a video would auto-play on Chrome/Safari/Opera but not on Firefox?

Thanks again

Link: thechain.org/

Chris Emerson

Chris Emerson Plus

In my case I re-uploaded the same source video as originally uploaded and this error/message went away. Very strange.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.