Amy Horton

Amy Horton Staff

Hi everyone! Thank you all for your continued patience. Our developers were able to push a fix for this issue. If you continue to experience any trouble adding your Instagram or Flickr photos to your video settings page, please contact us here: vimeo.com/help/contact

Actuality Media

Actuality Media Plus

I am trying to add photos to a video I recently uploaded and keep being given the error message "Oops! There was an error importing one or more of your photos because of API permissions."
I have checked repeatedly and the photos are all publicly posted. I've double checked that they are all posted with the same settings as the photos that appear with 20 some other videos that I have uploaded, sourced from 10 or so folders that I have on Picasa. All of the other photos with all of the other videos still appear on their Vimeo profile, but for some I receive the above error message every time I try to post a new photo to a new video.

Links: vimeo.com/100183481, vimeo.com/100183481

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you link to one photo you're trying to use please?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

What is the exact URL you're putting into the Add Photos field for that video?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

I'm not sure why Picasa/G+ photos are working in your one video, but currently only Instagram and Flickr photos are officially supported.

Actuality Media

Actuality Media Plus

Again, our Picasa photos are working in over 20 videos uploaded from 2011 - 2013. This isn't a one-off case of Picasa pictures having worked - it always worked until Vimeo changed something this year.

Actuality Media

Actuality Media Plus

Picasa photos have been working for years without any problem. You're telling me that now I have to duplicate or triplicate my photos online with Flickr, or that I should email them to my phone so that I'll have to crop them via uploading them to Instrangram? That's absurd.
Why would Vimeo fully allow photos from other sites for many years, then change things so that the old photos continue to work without a problem but suddenly you can't post new photos from those sites. That's a horrible decision.

Actuality Media

Actuality Media Plus

Still no help for photos on Picasa? It's not that it worked on one video in the past. It worked on about 20 videos over the span of 4-5 years and only just stopped working this year.

Mark

Mark Staff

I'll ask for an update about this on Monday, sorry about that.

Mark

Mark Staff

Hmm, i'm not sure what the status of this currently. I'll check into this.

Mark

Mark Staff

We actually stopped supporting Picassa a few months back. You can only use Instagram or Flickr links.

Ricardo Uhagon Vivas

Ricardo Uhagon Vivas PRO

I am actually having trouble uploading photos from Flickr. I keep getting the "Oops! There was an error importing one or more of your photos because of API permissions" whenever I try to upload any photo with the flickr url....

Mark

Mark Staff

Oh, okay. Please link to the video and Flickr URL.

Mark

Mark Staff

Worked for me! I just added that photo no problem. Can you try using a different browser?

Ricardo Uhagon Vivas

Ricardo Uhagon Vivas PRO

That's weird, it won't allow me...I tried with chrome and firefox and with a mac and a pc...

Mark

Mark Staff

I've alerted our developers and they will have a look at this.

Ricardo Uhagon Vivas

Ricardo Uhagon Vivas PRO

Hey again Mark!,
we are still having some trouble...while the developers look at the problem, could you help me upload three more photos please?

Mark

Mark Staff

I just hit the error myself :( I can't get any of those three to work.

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you link me to the video you're trying to add this to?

Ian Agrimis
Mark

Mark Staff

Thanks, will have someone take a look

Amy Horton

Amy Horton Staff

Hey there! Thanks for this example. Just wanted to let you know that this is ticketed to our developers and they are looking into this. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Amy Horton

Amy Horton Staff

Hey there! Thanks for this example. Just wanted to let you know that this is ticketed to our developers and they are looking into this. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wisnu Widjaja

Wisnu Widjaja

Hi Mark and Amy. Is there any updates on this yet? Thanks.

Mark

Mark Staff

No update, sorry. Our developers don't work on weekends.

Wisnu Widjaja

Wisnu Widjaja

I guess this is never going to be resolved because, let's face it, it's clearly not a priority at all to you guys or your developers. It's been plenty of days in between weekends by now.

Amy Horton

Amy Horton Staff

Thank you for this additional example. Our developers are still looking into this issue and we will provide an update as soon as we have new information.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.