Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Howdy everybody! The official Vimeo Channel for Roku has re-launched, with a fresh new interface that puts videos front and center. You can learn all about the brand new Vimeo channel from our Blog right here: vimeo.com/blog/post:645

We have plans for additional features and improvements, but if you have any questions, concerns, bugs, or constructive criticism, please post below!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

// UPDATE 11/4/2014: Great news! The latest version of the Vimeo app for Roku is now available! This update addresses the majority of stability issues that users were experiencing while logging into and using the app.

To make sure you have the latest version, go to your Roku's main menu, select Settings, and System update. This will check to see if the apps on your Roku and the Roku operating system are up-to-date.

If you're still experiencing issues with the Vimeo app for Roku, please create a new post in the Help Forum, or email us via the Contact Help form linked below.

Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding while we worked through these issues with Roku and our app partners!

Link: vimeo.com/help/contact#using-mobile

Mark Hernandez

Mark Hernandez Plus

Big favor to ask. Please bring back the 'Play all from my Likes' ability to the Roku interface. That is the primary reason I use Roku -- the ability to easily play a continuous and looping show of my favorite Vimeo videos.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!

From other forum postings it appears I am not alone in thinking that this is a big missing feature.

Thanks!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Yes! This has been the number one piece of feedback we've received. I'll make sure it goes out in a future update.

JOSEPH MANUEL

JOSEPH MANUEL Plus

Tommy Penner,
As Mark Hernandez..... I got a little upset when I saw that I am not able to have "Play all my videos" from Roku to easily paly all my videos continuously without interruption. I hope this could be fixed before my renewal to avoid keep paying that I loved, and is not available anymore.

Rogue Valley TV

Rogue Valley TV

Exact same concern here. The Vimeo Roku channel is completely, totally useless without the 'Play from Likes' feature previously on offer. There was no reason to disable this feature, so why do so?

JOT

JOT

I use my Roku once a week to view one channel and last week it was so easy to use. This week it is all together different. In my Roku under channels I selected Vimeo, scrolled all the way to the right, selected that option and then went directly to my channel. Now I have to log in and search every time. This new "style" or "look" or "format" or whatever you call it, is not very easy.

Charles Wootten

Charles Wootten

My channel is not even a selection in ROKU. All I see are "staff Picks" and "Collections." If I select the icon. Ext to my name the options are to exit one of two ways. Did I miss something? thanX!! {charley}

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Charley, for now the Channels that you're following on-site are not immediately available in the Vimeo app. In terms of Channels, only Staff Picks and Featured Collections are available. Sorry about that!

Clay

Clay

Yes that is aggravating, not being able to find the only teacher who has Vimeo videos on my Roku, no matter how I search (her name, her user#). Can someone let us know if/when that is resolved? Meanwhile, I need to take the instructions off of our PTO website and FB page, because I have no idea on what streaming devices Vimeo really works. Parents will just keep finding them at her blogspot or vimeo page, via their computers -- not from their TVs.

Hunter Goatley

Hunter Goatley

The Vimeo app won't load for me on my Roku 3. This started a couple of days ago. I just removed it and re-added it to be sure I had this new version, but nada. I get the vimeo splash screen, and there it sits indefinitely.

Hunter Goatley

Hunter Goatley

To clarify, it just happened again. I actually got the initial screen. I clicked on the "log in", entered my username and password, pressed "continue," at which point the app crashed and took me back to my channels. Relaunching Vimeo is when it just hangs indefinitely.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Hunter, I logged you out of the app from our end. Can you try logging back in?

Hunter Goatley

Hunter Goatley

Hi, Tommy.

That worked, in that it now advances past the blue vimeo splash screen, and I'm logged in. Unfortunately, I can't do anything. Only "Staff Picks" is shown, but selecting it does nothing. If I go to my username and hit OK, I get the options to Logout or Quit. If I try to search---the only other option available to me---the app crashes after I enter the second letter and before I can do anything else, and I end up back at my Roku channels.

So the hang is gone now, but the app does nothing but successfully quit. ;-)

Thanks!

Hunter Goatley

Hunter Goatley

I went back in, back to search, entered one letter, then selected search, but nothing happened. When I arrowed up to pick a second letter, the app crashed again, and I was back at My Channels on the Roku.

Hunter Goatley

Hunter Goatley

This time, I launched it, logged out, logged back in, started to get the screen filled in with the blue "OK Hunter Goatley" or whatever it said, and the app crashed (I couldn't read it before it died). Re-launching the app brings me back to the hanging issue from yesterday.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry about that Victor, we're looking into issues with second-generation Roku devices now.

Louis Vega

Louis Vega

Is this a Buffer problem??
My 2nd gen roku2xs won't load Vimeo.
The present DPI is set for 1080p.
Should I set it lower (780i)?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We're not exactly sure what the issue is, but it does seem isolated to second-generation Roku 2 devices. Keep an eye on this thread for updates, thanks.

Matt Crayon

Matt Crayon

I build and maintain QA testing environments on mainframe systems. The whole point of a QA environment is that you "get the hairs of the customers' plates before you go live in production." Throwing this app out into the world with what appears to have been minimal testing was a terrible idea. The format is lousy and not easy to navigate, multiple login issues for customers will cause your customers to eventually stop attempting to log in, and the lack of a backout plan except to "fall forward" face-first into this epic fail of a release is the capstone of the poor planning and execution that the Roku-related developers have demonstrated.

The issues that I'm seeing on my Roku 2 XS are, of course, the terrible interface that is "jenky" (as my young daughter phrased it) to navigate through without slow response times and the inability for approximately 80% of the videos to load (8 out of 10 would hang before kicking me back to the menu or would freeze and cause my Roku to reboot).

In the future, when testing, please make sure you do your end-user testing on multiple devices with various internet providers all over the world. This will help you to get feedback on how your application will perform with different variables thrown in. Use contractors or experienced testers so you will get feedback that is a bit more objective. Artists love their work and do not take kindly to criticism. Therefore, your developers should only do the testing of their code for performance and functionality, not end-user testing. Contractors or testers testing in this phase won't care if you're going to hire them permanently or not, so they won't try to sugarcoat the results of their testing. If you provide me with a turd of a product like this, I'll let you know right away that you need to try again and stop trying to polish it. Most importantly, a backout plan is always a necessity. If you are going to do a release of an application that will be used by a significant portion of your clientele, you better make sure it works. If not, you need to have a plan to provide them with something that will work just in case. Stating that, "we're working on it" is dismissive of your customers and gives them the impression that your company is not actually capable of fixing an issue and is just buying time. A backout plan that works lets the customers know that you are acknowledging the issue and actively working towards fixing it, even if you're not.

WWII Historian

WWII Historian Plus

Glitch on several TV's with roko 2 - annoying message across the screen says: 'connection not available' which is NOT the case because the videos play just fine. No this interface is NOT as easy to use as the older one. No more favorites - Too much time loading in all the thumbnails.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We're looking into issues with Roku 2 devices specifically now. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Vic Tamborella

Vic Tamborella

Problem on my Roju 3 since last week. It gets stuck on blue VIMEO home screen. Also, it seems to freeze-up all of the other Roku functions/buttons except for the "HOME" button. The "star" option and "back arrow" buttons become inactive when it's suck on the VIMEO blue screen. The other day I was able to login to the new interface and it worked for a short while, then crashed. Tommy, do you have any idea when these problems will be resolved? I miss being able to watch high quality videos on my bigscreen TV...Thanks!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Also, I've logged you out of the Vimeo app. The trouble seems to be only when a user is logged in, so for now you'll still be able to use the app while logged out. Sorry again for the trouble!

Vic Tamborella

Vic Tamborella

Thanks for the reply! I didnt see your reaponse earlier, so I re-logged-in last night.t I was able to log-in successfully and view one or two videos, then it crashed and sent me back to the Roku home screen. I'm not sure if I should logout and continue waiting for your app partners to fix the issues or log in and try again. I'll check out the link you suggested and see if its been resolved. Thanks again.

TrophyPursuit.com

TrophyPursuit.com PRO

This is not good. Part of the reason that I purchased a Vimeo Pro account was so I could link my Vimeo videos to my Roku channel. Since your upgrade, my channel no longer works for so many people. This is frustrating. I hope that you can get this issue fixed ASAP!!

On a side note- all it allows me to do on on my Roku is click on the Vimeo channel....splash page comes up then freezes. Please fix this problem or i think you will lose many customers. Not good.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We hope to have this fixed with our app partners very soon. Our apologies for any inconvenience this causes you.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Also, I've logged you out of the Vimeo app. The trouble seems to be only when a user is logged in, so for now you'll still be able to use the app while logged out. Sorry again for the trouble!

Christopher Clay

Christopher Clay Plus

I also have a Roku 2500X purchased in December 2012. I have the same issue - spinning wheel crashes and restarts the Roku.

Andy Miller

Andy Miller

Ok, so I've just noticed the new layout for the Roku box. It looks cool, but I'm having issues. First, for some reason I was logged out even though I saved my log in info. No prob right? Second, the keyboard is way tiny and kinda hard to see, making it difficult to identify each letter. Whatevs, I know the alphabet. Finally get everything punched in and I'm told my info is incorrect. Same email and password I used for the mobile site on my phone. Whats the deal. Please help.

Andy Miller

Andy Miller

Also mine is a Roku2, if that helps.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Andy, what specific model of the Roku 2? We're collecting information to pass along to our app partners now.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks for the information, that's one of the same model Roku boxes we have here for testing. Working on this now.

Antoninus Pius

Antoninus Pius

The symptoms on my 2XS are a bit different. I am able to log in to my account, and am able to navigate the UI; but about 80% of videos just never play All I get is the spinning wheel.....

Antoninus Pius

Antoninus Pius

.... just like from Blood, Sweat & Tears ..... but I digress ... and date myself.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Gotcha, we're seeing this too with the majority of videos that users try to play back on second generation Roku devices. We're looking into this.

T. Naff

T. Naff

Hi! I just added the Vimeo app today on my Roku, model 2500X and it will not let me activate the code. I don't know if this is a web issue or a roku issue. Thanks!

Christopher Clay

Christopher Clay Plus

I have the same model, and the new channel is a complete failure. I can no longer watch ANY videos on the Vimeo channel. Cannot get a response from Vimeo. As soon as I open any video, the screen spins, and then the Roku crashes and restarts.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We're testing a fix for bugs with the Roku app now; keep an eye on this forum thread for updates.

Law Dias

Law Dias

The new Roku app new bad, very! I can not do what I want with new one!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We're testing a fix for bugs with the Roku app now; keep an eye on this forum thread for updates.

Lisa Chase

Lisa Chase

Without the play all feature, you've ruined the Vimeo Roku app for my family. Will you bring back this feature soon, or do I need to give up on Vimeo? :(

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry about that, Lisa. We're definitely aware that this was a missed feature; we hope to add this back with a future update.

Mark

Mark

Waited a week to see if app on my roku 3 would get a fix but still no fix. I can sign in and see my name but them I am immediately kicked out of the program. When attempting to open again I do not get past the blue vimeo screen. Very sad about the update. It worked for a few days and now no longer works. This update was a huge swing and a miss.

Christopher Clay

Christopher Clay Plus

Yep, this is a complete and utter failure on the part of Vimeo. Obviously no quality testing! Just rush a new app to market and let the users suffer. Such a shame.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Christopher Clay

Christopher Clay Plus

I am at a loss! I have contacted support, posted in the blogs and called Roku support - nada, no fix, the NEW Vimeo channel crashes. I have a Roku player 2500X, purchased in December 2012. I have removed the channel, rebooted the Roku, added the channel back, signed in, and bam, I open ANY video and it crashes my Roku. I am a VimeoPlus member, and had NO issue paying for a membership - when the Vimeo Roku channel worked. The new interface is JUNK and will not work! What's the point of being a Paid member now? Appreciate anything you can do - and would appear from the blogs, the issue is not isolated and most people want the old channel format back. I would be satisfied it it WORKED. Thanks, Chris

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Christopher, we're aware of the bugs with the new Roku app and are testing a fix for it now. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you; keep an eye on this forum thread for updates.

FurballTV

FurballTV Plus

Just tried the Roku Vimeo app for 1st time (never tried the old one) and I like the general vibe of it. I didn't log in because my password is way too long & complicated so maybe I'm not seeing the crashes others are. Just want to say I like aesthetics & look forward to more features being added. I appreciate what you folks at Vimeo are striving for and think it's well worth the money.

Things I'm looking for in the roku app:
- Be able to loop a video
- make it so the the password can be input from a roku iphone app keyboard rather than pecking it in with up/down arrows on remote (or maybe there's a way to do this that I haven't found)

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks for the feedback! The app keyboard should work for entering text, we'll take a look into that in case it's not behaving as expected.

SD Smith

SD Smith

I have a Roku 3. So I've redownloaded the vimeo channel for the third time. This time, I didn't log in, and just went to the search to look for the one video I've been wanting to watch. In the middle of typing the title of the video, the channel just shuts down. I tried it twice.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

What's the search term you entered when it crashed? We're tracking this bug now.

Mike

Mike

so why not revert to the older channel code until you can release a working version of the update?
It doesn't appear to be a quick fix.

Matt23

Matt23

Im with Mike on this.^^^^Half the videos wont load or play. The function to 'watch more from this channel/person' has gone, which I found a very important feature. The search facility is flawed as it cant find content that I know excists. i.e korduroy.tv which has stacks of videos uploaded.

William Ganter

William Ganter

The new app is terrible. Where is the "Following" section? Also, when I highlight a video, I want to see other videos by the same user but I can no longer select that way nor can I even see a good description of the video.

Max Logan

Max Logan PRO

When I did years of software development, we would roll back an implementation if we installed it and found that it had significant problems. Par for the course. I still can't stream anything on either of my Roku boxes.

Justin Hammar

Justin Hammar

On my Roku 3, I am unable to log in at all. I can enter my email and password, but I continually get a message that reads "Error. Sorry! The Vimeo login info you entered is not correct. Please try again."

Max Logan

Max Logan PRO

I'm now buying another streaming video player because I can't count on this getting fixed in a timely manner. I'm getting a WD TV Live player and HOPE the Vimeo app is working on it.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Take a look at our Everywhere page for an updated list of what devices and platforms we're on (the WDTV is no longer a supported platform).

Link: vimeo.com/everywhere

Max Logan

Max Logan PRO

That's a bummer. It's already ordered. Well, at least I can use this player to stream from my network or thumb drive. That way, I will not have to count on web streaming if any web apps are down.

Victor Rodriguez

Victor Rodriguez

Same problem for ~2 weeks with my Vimeo app is not launching on my Roku XS. Is there an estimated time frame for resolution? 2 weeks is a long time for something to remain broken affecting many users.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We're testing a fix for the Roku app now, we hope to have it rolled out very soon!

Vic Tamborella

Vic Tamborella

Any word as of yet on when it will be rolled out? BTW: I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already, but when using Plex on Roku to access Vimeo, it works fine. Of course, its a completely different interface. Not sure if that's helful to know or not. But at least I can watch my Vimeo channels on TV with Roku. However, I'd much prefer the new Vimeo interface if it worked properly.

Ignite Films

Ignite Films Plus

Hi Vimeo, Did you actually test the app? I used it daily and now its useless on two Roku devices? The most common device is available for £5 here in the UK from Now TV. Your not doing yourself any favors. Next time please build a testing group around the world. I don't mind if i'm one of them.

Shayne Hopkins

Shayne Hopkins

Same on both my Roku 2's. The app will close when selecting some videos and most of the videos will not play. Just the spinning wheel spins forever.
Can we have the old app back until all these issues are resolved?
I've also noticed that after trying to play some videos and getting the closed app or the spinning wheel then nothing else like netflix etc. wants to work either and I have to reboot the Roku.
I would be playing other videos in other apps just fine until using the Vimeo app.

William Ganter

William Ganter

What happened to all the sections of the Vimeo Roku app such as Following or the description of the video page?

I followed Vimeo users and now I can not easily watch their videos. I also can not find a video I like and then check for more videos from that user.

The new redesign is missing many user friendly options.

John Kelly

John Kelly

I recently installed the Vimeo channel on my Roku device (Roku 2 XS) and it isn't opening. I click on the Vimeo channel, the Vimeo logo screen appears, after a second or two there is a quick screen flash (or wink), like another screen tried to open and was immediately closed, then a return to the static Vimeo logo screen, which just sits there indefinitely...even over night! No request for a user name, password, code, or anything. Just the white Vimeo logo on a light blue background.

Vic Tamborella

Vic Tamborella

Tommy, how's the testing going on the Roku app "fix"? Any word on when it will be rolled out? Why not switch back to previous app until the fix is ready?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Rolling back to the previous version isn't possible. We are awaiting on approval from Roku and our partners, which should be very soon.

Mark Carbajal

Mark Carbajal Plus

So disappointing. Ever since you all went to this new app nothing has worked well since my ROKU 2. It no longer plays any of my HD home made movies....

Louis Vega

Louis Vega

I havethe same situation that Vic had:
My vimeo account works fine if I use PLAY TO as my interface. Play To takes your phone (or tablet) and transmits (Bluetooth?) your present desktop to your Roku player. What Vic may not realize is he's NOT using the Vimeo app that is on the Roku player.

Vic Tamborella

Vic Tamborella

hey Louis, yes I realize that Plex and PlayTo have they're own UI and it's not the "Vimeo/Roku" interface. I was just informing Tommy that I can still access my Vimeo channels and stuff from Roku if I'm using the Plex app. Just thought it might be helpful for them to know any tid-bits of info while they work-out the kinks.....

TeenAIDS PeerCorps

TeenAIDS PeerCorps Plus

I have a Roku 1, 2 and 3... business use. I need the Roku app to work properly. It crashes, I cannot use it. VERY BUGGY> when will this be resolved? I am a Plus member, considering canceling my membership due to this app issue. Any app for a device is just as important as the player inside a browser. The Roku app worked fine before you launched this new version.

Vic Tamborella

Vic Tamborella

Hey, cool...its actually working tonight...so far anyway. Should I assume they worked out all the kinks and they're finished testing the new ui for Roku?

Cecil Thornhill

Cecil Thornhill

Well, I see I am not alone. The new code is a total fail for me on Roku 2. I just can't watch video since about 80% just won't play. I know this is not easy (big roll out in public), since I also have a long history as a PM/developer of video software products, and I have been a TV producer as well...I understand the issues, but this is really bad...was so happy to have Vimeo on my Roku, right up until you guys trashed your app with this release. It renders Vimeo useless for me. If you need me to pay more, or buy other hardware, just say so...put up error codes, or go back to the working code you had...please just fix it, I miss Vimeo.

Christopher Clay

Christopher Clay Plus

I couldn't have said it better myself Cecil. Vimeo on Roku WAS an amazing experience! The new release is an epic failure. I read a trick, and that is not to login to your account - while an utterly lousy work-around, it worked a bit for me before of course the channel crashed and my Roku restarted. Of course for the brief time I used the new Interface, it was slow, buggy, difficult to use and missing key features that made the original a 5-star experience. Vimeo should win an award for this - on the top ten worst software upgrade releases ever. Like you, I miss Vimeo, and use to tell all my friends how awesome the channel "was". They are still a great website, but truly need to address this issue before Plus and Pro members start leaving.

Hubert Allaire

Hubert Allaire Plus

After reading the comments from other members and having a detailed look at your new interface. I feel like the commentators. Ditch the new interface and bring back the old. For starters it loaded quickly. The new one is like molasses. Like the old adage says, “If it ain’t broke then don’t fix it” !

This is a serious suggestion. I am really thinking of leaving VIMEO PLUS!

TeenAIDS PeerCorps

TeenAIDS PeerCorps Plus

Hubert, Same exact thing here. Using my Roku2 it just crashes. Super buggy version. Needs to be fixed asap. The app is not made for Roku's hardware config.

Sean Abouttown

Sean Abouttown

I'm experiencing the same exact thing and finding very little help here. I'm not sure why there is such disregard about Roku2 it's not like the company has retired them in any way. In fact they just celebrated a milestone in sales and most of them were the Roku2 which is still very much available to purchase.

Max Logan

Max Logan PRO

These problems are not limited to Roku2's. Same problem with my Roku1 and I heard that Roku3's are also having problems.

Antoninus Pius

Antoninus Pius

I've been suffering with the same issues since the new channel code. However, this evening the channel seems to be working for me. All videos buffer quickly and play properly. Now, as to whether I like the new UI or not... that is another issue.

Matthew Abaya

Matthew Abaya Plus

I pay for an account for Vimeo to work on my RoKU 2 players. I have been having a major issue with logging in. I try to reset passwords and do the usual protocols to see why the Vimeo player is not working, but nothing is working. I have email accounts associated with it but seems I can only log on using facebook. Can you please let me know how I can reset passwords without gettihg the "the vimeo login info you entered is not correct". I can however log online to video with my facebook account.

Chris Cleeland

Chris Cleeland

I'm using a roku stick. The channel loads. Anything that requires typing does not work with the keyboard on the iOS app, which is really annoying for typing in usernames, passwords, or searches.

The bigger problem is that when I try to play a video--one that plays iediately on my iphone--the app just puts up the spinner in center of screen and stays there. Last night it was like that the entire duration of the 15 minutes video I was trying to watch because I watched it on my phone instead. Then the roku rebooted.

If you paid somebody to produce this app, you need a better project manager. These sorts of things should be caught in testing.

Antoninus Pius

Antoninus Pius

I don't know what's going on here. Last night the channel was working perfectly. Today, back to same malfunctioning. Videos just will not play.

Zachary Perry

Zachary Perry Plus

I seem to also have the issue other people are experiencing. I try to load Vimeo on my Roku 3 box and it just hangs on the blue Vimeo splash screen. Deleting the Vimeo app and reinstalling it doesn't seem to improve anything. Bummer. I love watching Vimeo on the TV. Not sure what to do while we wait for feedback from Vimeo. Good luck everyone.

Blasst

Blasst Plus

I posted basically the same complaint today in one of the regular threads concerning the no play of Vimeo on Roku after the last update. Mark (Vimeo Staff) is going to look into it and see if there is any new info. At least we got a recent response.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Still no news with the ongoing Roku issues. We're working as quickly as possible, but unfortunately with these types of apps and partnerships we're not always able to move as quickly as we'd like. Sorry for the trouble.

Blasst

Blasst Plus

Tommy, Bummer to hear this. I sent in a email complaint, received an email back from a staff member asking for specifics on roku player etc, and I could NOT send the email back to Vimeo. It would freeze up every time I tried sending my response. I could send email to anyone else but not back to the Vimeo rep. You guys are having multiple problems I see.......

skome

skome

Roku 2 Vimeo won't accept the Android roku app typing.
Neither will it accept authentication details: 'incorrect' when they are verifiably correct.
Look forward to an update.

John Hogan

John Hogan

Vimeo format changed since I last used it. Can no longer get on using my Roku.

When using Vimeo on my TV using a Roku I do the following:
Click on the Vimeo tile, Click on Log In, type in my username (email address) and Click on Continue and nothing happens, my email info then goes blank.

I am able to get Vimeo on my PC and view My Likes there but not on the TV.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
John

Nick Poncio

Nick Poncio

This newer Roku version of Vimeo doesn't allow skipping forward or backward at all? Only play and pause?! And when paused there's no time/progress bar at the bottom of the screen anymore. I used to rent Vimeo On Demand movies every week because I could play them flawlessly on my Roku boxes. Since the new app launched, I've completely avoided Vimeo rentals. This current version of the app seems unstable and unusable! After experiencing many unplayable regular videos (just a spinning blue circle ), I don't feel very confident that VOD titles will even playback on Roku. I'm not willing to gamble my money for a title that may not even work. I've resorted to either renting from competing streaming services or bit torrenting. I miss the old flawless Roku app. I used to feel like I was helping to support indie filmmakers by renting their films on Vimeo, but not anymore. This thang is broken!

Nick Poncio

Nick Poncio

By the way, I am using a couple of Roku LT (2400X) boxes. I've also got a brand new Roku 2 (2720R) shipping my way right now.

Hubert Allaire

Hubert Allaire Plus

It takess u 《 a week to get IOS app running But 6 weeks later ROKU is still a mess! Why am I still paying u????

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate Staff

Hey everyone, just an update that our developers are currently working on a test build that we're hopeful will fix some of these issues. Stay tuned!

Max Logan

Max Logan PRO

For the first time in weeks, last night I was able to play most of my hosted videos.

Diablo Scott

Diablo Scott

Still getting blue frozen screen on Roku Vimeo channel, but it works fine on my smart TV app.

Craig Mateer

Craig Mateer Plus

On my roku app I can't log in. I can enter my email and my password, but after I finish typing my password and hit continue, it freezes.

Max Logan

Max Logan PRO

I went from being able to play just about everything, to not being able to play most things when I tried to stream yesterday.

Max Logan

Max Logan PRO

Hi Alex. I did go to the thread, but it is locked for comments.

Mark

Mark Staff

Correct, it's strictly an informational thread to keep people up to date about the current Roku issues.

Band Pro Film & Digital

Band Pro Film & Digital Plus

Recently noticed that you can search for (and find) our videos via the new Roku App, however, the video endlessly loads but never plays. We're a Vimeo Plus account holder.
Suggestion: Switch back to the old App while you fix the new one. Having our content rendered unwatchable isn't what we pay for. Thanks.

Also, the special thread you're directing people to is locked, so I guess folks need to keep posting here.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

We're linking to the special thread because this is a known issue and we will be posting updates there. Thanks for your patience!

Blasst

Blasst Plus

I see the bookmarked thread but no one but mods can make a post. The app still does not work on roku and its been a week since the "special thread" was created for this issue. Really blows going this long.........:(

Mark

Mark Staff

An update will be out by next week or so.

Mike

Mike

Wow. I just checked back after a month thinking surely the Roku channel snafu is fixed by now... but no.
Frankly, in watching the Roku update roll-out be such a fiasco from both a technical and PR perspective and then seeing it continue to drag on with only "fix coming soon" statements from Vimeo staff, my confidence in Vimeo's ability as a company to properly support its customers is greatly shaken.
I'll check back in another month I guess. Good luck.

Blasst

Blasst Plus

I understand things happen, yet taking this long on the Roku app is really surprising. I have a large group over tonight and can't use the roku to stream Vimeo......bummer deal.

Silent Shout Productions

Silent Shout Productions PRO

I have a roku 3 and the app hangs on the splash screen. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app and still hangs on the splash screen. It had worked a week ago.

Also, please bring back the more videos from (maker of this video) function. If I like a video, I like to see what else that person has done.

FlickerPictures

FlickerPictures

***STILL CRASHING*** With our ROKU I used to watch all sorts of movies, shorts and music videos, including work on my own channel to test uploads, but since the upgrade or new format all that happens is a swirling blue circle FREEZES then HANGS then REBOOTS.
Is ANYONE at Vimeo taking care of this? I posted a few months ago and it's still doing this.
PLEASE remove the BUGS.
Thank you! :):):)

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We're in the process of submitting the app to Roku for approval now.

Blasst

Blasst Plus

Man its been a long wait. Hopefully the app gets approved by Roku. Speaking of, does Roku test the apps themselves?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Roku does basic testing to make sure the app follows their terms of service, but they don't do more extensive testing outside of that scope.

Bill Cook

Bill Cook Plus

One of the main reasons I got Roku was so that I could watch my own videos on TV. That's not longer possible. I just get the spinning wheel. The old system worked so well on Roku. Why did you think the new one was better?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

There were some issues that came up post-launch that did not manifest when we were in the testing stages.

That said, check for an update sometime in the next week or so that stabilizes the app again.

Craig Earon

Craig Earon

Still seems that Vimeo hasn't got it together with Roku. Sad because earlier app worked so well. The spinning loading icon just irritates the daylight out of me. Maybe you should just give up at supporting Roku. It must be beyond the developers skill level. This is a dissipointment.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Have you updated the app? The latest version is now available, and should resolve the loading and stability issues that users have been experiencing.

Sean Abouttown

Sean Abouttown

I updated it last night and it still doesn't work. My Roku 2 XS just hangs on the Splash page. Dunno what is taking so long to fix this, but the old version worked just fine. This seems like a huge issue considering you're company is featured in Roku's promotional items. This needs to be fixed for the holidays, I dunno how much more I can bother coming back here to see if it will ever work again.

Antoninus Pius

Antoninus Pius

I started a new thread on this issue. I just updated the channel earlier, and now things are worse than ever. Every video I click on causes my 2 XS box to reboot. I thought i saw an interim channel update for Roku about a week ago. Is that true? In any case, after THAT update, the channel was working perfectly for me. Curiouser and curiouser....

Antoninus Pius

Antoninus Pius

I traced the fault to the manual bit rate override. if it is set to anything other than automatic, the box will reset when you start a video. Reproducible every time.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks for the heads up, I'll pass this information along to our developers. Generally the advanced settings in Roku's debug menus are meant for testing and development, so they're basically 'use at your own risk' when used outside of dev environments.

Zefareu

Zefareu

Have Roku 2 XD. When I navigate to a Vimeo channel and play a video, after the video plays, the app closes completely, rather than either playing the next video in the channel or returning to the menu.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

We’d like to do some in-depth troubleshooting with you to see if we can get to the bottom of this. I’m going to move this conversation to email and assign your case to a technical support specialist. Please hang tight – we’ll be in touch soon. (We’ll use the primary email address associated with your Vimeo account.) 

Max Rottersman

Max Rottersman Plus

I can't log in. I've tried many times. I took the app out of my vimeo settings. I have a Roku 2.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Thanks, we will look into this when we are back in the office. We appreciate your patience!

Max Rottersman

Max Rottersman Plus

I tried again, still no go. I have a long user name. It's very aggravating. Also, "search" on Vimeo often gives back "sorry we're having technical difficulties". Will Vimeo be in business for 2015? I hope so!

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate Staff

Your Roku should work if it is up-to-date. Can you let us know what error you're seeing--does it state specifically that your log in email or password is incorrect?

David Tartaglia

David Tartaglia

I have a Roku LT and Vimeo is still aggravatingly slow and glitchy. I still get the "connection is unavailable" message even though it obviously is available. The search feature is tiny and almost unreadable. When I do a search and get a series of videos, Vimeo play the first, but then autoplays the Staff Picks. Is anyone still working on these and other problems?

OdNu

OdNu Plus

I havent read all other posts so i may be repeating what others already said...but the new vimeo interface is broken....very sad to realize my favorite roku channel (yes vimeo) now cant play most of the videos...cant find more from the same artist ....or cant even search for a word and see all kind of related videos...too bad...it used to be amazing...why change it? If It isnt broken dont fix it!...please do something about it....its been several months since the nightmare started and still nothing have been fixed.....I have 2 roku systems...one is roku v2 connected with an ethernet cable...the other is a roku 3 with a wifi connection...both have same issues...i m very dissapointed....thanks

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi there, I'll ask Tommy (our device expert) to get back to you early next week to troubleshoot your issue. Sorry for the trouble!

a cabb

a cabb

I have Roku 3 and can't achieve a successful login either, it always locks up after entering the password?? If I don't attempt login I can use the search function and successfully view videos but of course I have no access to my favs or channel feeds.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We’d like to do some in-depth troubleshooting with you to see if we can get to the bottom of this. I’m going to move this conversation to email and assign your case to a technical support specialist. Please hang tight – we’ll be in touch soon. (We’ll use the primary email address associated with your Vimeo account.) 

flameape

flameape

My question is about Vimeo VOD on Roku. If I pay for a VOD video, will I be able to watch on my Roku if It is properly logged in? It will have a big effect on purchasing VOD.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Yes! VOD purchases are added to your Watch Later queue, which is available in the Roku app.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.