Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hello again my fellow iOS compatriots! Live in the App Store is version 4.2 of our beloved iOS app. Brand new in this release, you can easily upload videos in your Camera Roll to Vimeo, find friends from your contact list who are already on Vimeo, and invite others to join, all from within the app.

The Vimeo app can be downloaded and updated from the App Store right here: j.mp/vimeoios If you have any questions, concerns, bugs, or constructive criticism, please post below!

Link: j.mp/vimeoios

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

READ THIS Our developers have found an issue for some users where upgrading from the previous version to 4.2 has caused feeds to appear blank (My Videos on Vimeo, Likes, Watch Later, Feed). To fix this, simply log out by tapping the Settings gear in the top right-hand corner, and selecting Log Out at the bottom. Once you log back in, all your feeds should appear properly.

Thanks for your understanding!

Rory O'Brien

Rory O'Brien PRO

I find this app to be stuttering regulary - i am continuing to play my videos through Safari as it is much smoother.

Steven Jackson

Steven Jackson Plus

Crashing on iPhone 5 and iPad 3. No videos showing under "My Videos", but they do appear on the profile pop-up sheet!

Ryan Atkins

Ryan Atkins Plus

I recently tried to copy the URL for a video of mine, and what I got was this: vimeo://video/69276004. How is this a usable link? How are we supposed to copy and share links to videos from this new app?

Michael Schwartz

Michael Schwartz Plus

Jeez. Of course it usable.You copy and paste it, then go back and edit the link by hand, removing 'vimeo://video/', and replacing it with vimeo.com. That's one of the new usability features.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Ryan, we're reexamining this feature now and may be changing it in a future update.

Michael Schwartz

Michael Schwartz Plus

Yes. reexamine this, and assume I don't want to hear people over 50 sending me confused emails about broken links. Also, think about removing the default signatures about downloading the app, and following the users video feed.

Just a simple web link and maybe a line of branding- you guys should stick to proving a quick usable, clean site for hosting HD videos. You seem to want to over think everything.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

The copy URL behavior will be fixed in the next version of the app.

Michael Schwartz

Michael Schwartz Plus

Just the worst. Sometimes it plays, sometimes it doesn't. The website always works. You redesigned this app two years ago, and the improvement on it in that time is what I might have expected in a .1 release. Spend a little less time on your too cute emails about the release, and a bit more time on the app functionality.

I've been a paying Vimeo customer for maybe three or four years. I can't believe I put up with this.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Michael, there are many factors outside our control that can contribute to poor playback performance, especially on mobile devices. If you provide us with some specific feedback and details about what you're seeing (which videos you have trouble with, the device you're using, iOS version you're using etc.) we'll be more than happy to troubleshoot. Otherwise, blanket "Sometimes it plays, sometimes it doesn't" feedback isn't very helpful to our engineers, who are separate from the team who writes our newsletter emails.

(But seriously, if the engineers wrote our newsletters we'd be in big trouble.)

LED FastStart Media

LED FastStart Media PRO

Thanks for the heads up about logging out - that fixed the issue of not being able to see My Videos. HOWEVER - we still can't search OUR OWN videos?! Instead, when I search - I am searching globally. Seriously, it's crazy that we can't search our own library of videos. Am I the only one that wants this feature?

BRIAN MCGUIGAN

BRIAN MCGUIGAN Plus

After upgrading app on iphone5 I can't play my own videos but I can watch everyone else's . Wish I hadn't upgraded now. Have to watch on safari. So frustrating!!!😱

Emilio Trampuz

Emilio Trampuz

Why only for iPhones and iPads? I don’t want any i-Anything. Ever.
Don't you know that the Apple company is dodging US taxes, thus being totally un-American?
If the Vimeo app doesn’t work on an Android gadget, it’s useless.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We have plans to significantly update our Android app in the future, but there's no ETA.

Mark

Mark Staff

Things are in fact happening, but unfortunately these things take time and resources.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.