Angie Vaughters

Angie Vaughters Plus

Hello! I have uploaded several videos to my Plus account. These videos look perfect when viewed with QuickTime on my computer. I had also previously uploaded these videos to Google Drive, and they were all very crisp upon playback there as well. But since uploading to Vimeo and once the videos start playing, they are extremely blurry. The strange thing is that the still frame that shows before the video starts is high quality, the way it looks on my computer and how it should be. But once the video starts, it's very blurry. Is there a setting I am missing? I can attach screenshots if it would be helpful.

Link: vimeo.com/104041619

Mark

Mark Staff

The only thing I can suggest is raising the bitrate to 20,000kbps. That would be the best you'd be able to get it to look, short of uploading a 1080p version.

Angie Vaughters

Angie Vaughters Plus

Can you please tell me where/how to do that? Are you seeing the degradation in quality once the video starts to play?

Mark

Mark Staff

You'd do this in the video editing program you're using before you upload it to Vimeo.

Angie Vaughters

Angie Vaughters Plus

But the videos play great on YouTube, Google Drive, and on my own computer. Why would they be playing poorly on Vimeo? I am using the exact same file.

Angie Vaughters

Angie Vaughters Plus

So another piece to the puzzle... the video looks great in Safari... there is also an HD option showing in Safari. I usually use Firefox, that is where they are blurry. Interestingly enough, the HD option is not showing in Firefox. I've cleared my cache already and restarted FF. Any ideas?

Mark

Mark Staff

Do you have any browser add-ons or plugins running?

Angie Vaughters

Angie Vaughters Plus

I have 4 browser add-ons. I disabled them all, cleared the cache and cookies again, and restarted Firefox... still no HD option! I'm not sure what else to try, the videos unfortunately look terrible (but look great in another browser like Safari and Chrome). Is this typical of Firefox? Or do you still think it is my specific setup? I also updated Adobe Flash to see if that would make a difference, but no.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Sorry for the wait! I was able to see the HD option in Firefox. Could you try un-installing and then re-installing Firefox?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.