Gordon Evans

Gordon Evans

I have a similar problem to this vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:113448 but on my BlackBerry 10 Z10 browser. Vimeo videos open fullscreen in the native player and if I click the back button or exit fullscreen I'm left with a 1 pixel video (still playing usually). I read the aforementioned topic which said it was a problem with android os (and possibly BB OS) but I noticed something else.

If I go to the vimeo mobile site all the videos on the homepage work just fine. I click play, the video opens in the native player, I click back and I'm left with the page looking just like I left it. No black holes!

If I look at the video (still on the mobile site) but going through the authors page it does not work as expected. When I click the back button, I'm left with a black hole (ie no thumbnail image of the video).

What gives? Why is this one section of the Vimeo mobile site different than others?

Different Vimeo player?

Mark

Mark Staff

I'm sorry, but we don't support Blackberry devices.

Mark

Mark Staff

Unfortunately there's nothing we can do in your particular case. We only support smartphones.

Gordon Evans

Gordon Evans

Its a html 5 compliant browser (number 2 in score). I just want to know why on your mobile splash page everything works great. Everywhere else it does not work.

Thinking of getting a PLUS account to host my demo videos but I'm thinking I won't now.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.