txmx

txmx

what happens when i upload a 16:9 format clip? will it be squeezed to a 4:3 aspect ratio or will it have two black stripes on top and bottom ?

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

Hey ! The aspect ratio will be conserved but without any black stripes. Example here : vimeo.com/clip:165371
If you want to have the two black stripes, you have to create them.

SteveR

SteveR Plus

I upload 16:9 clips at a ratio of 480x270. That works for me.

txmx

txmx

OK! tanks!
("...if you want to have the two black stripes, you have to create them."...I can do without :)

Darren Hendley

Darren Hendley

I'm uploading clips at 400x224 (16:9), but they are getting stretched upwards to 400x320 (4:3). What am I doing wrong because sometimes it has worked?

Darren Hendley

Darren Hendley

This clip is squashed: clip:174113
This clip is ok: clip:157301
The two original files are exactly the same size (400x224)

SteveR

SteveR Plus

My 16:9 clips have always worked fine when uploaded at 480x270. Sadly, I have no idea why that singing clip of yours has been stretched to 4:3, when the download version is clearly widescreen.

Darren Hendley

Darren Hendley

I'll upload it again at 480x270 and see if that makes any difference. Thanks for looking.

AaronJPatterson

AaronJPatterson

If you are shooting Animorphic 16:9 and using final cut pro, just change the settings to 720x480 ANIMORPHIC, and it will automatically stretch it to 853x480. This is full res 16:9 if shot on a standard DV tape.

tralfa

tralfa

I am having this same problem. My 16:9 videos worked fine at first, but the last few that I have uploaded are getting converted to 4:3. I have done nothing different - same file format, same edting software. Nothing has changed....Any thoughts? Thanks in advance...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.