7how7

7how7

Most videos i click on i can view just fine. Quicktime files are always okay. Sometimes I click on a film, and it plays fine, but i notice that at the bottom of the film it say's something like,

"Would you like to watch this in the original .wmv format ?"

(Which i never do)

But the point is that sometimes i am trying to watch many films by the same person, and some of them, those that don't say "Would you like to watch this in the original .wmv format ?", won't work for me. Instead i get a message like
"Cannot open the file. Verify that path and filename are correct and try again."

Is this because these files aren't being converted to Q-time?

I use the forefox browser...

johnbmx4christ

johnbmx4christ

.just a side note..mpegs also work in quicktime on macs(so i'm told).also..
7how7:..can you post exact links to videos you tried that with so we can try too?

Jake Lodwick

Jake Lodwick Alum

7how7 - if you could provide a few specific clip pages where that problem occurs, I'll investigate it. But right now I don't know what the deal is.

7how7

7how7

right now i just got it for vimeo.com/clip=45753

sometimes a clue that it isn't going to work is that instead of a thumbnail photo - that blue arrow icon shows up instead

bfelice

bfelice

7how7 i'm right with you here.
i'm trying to get these ones
vimeo.com/clip=46799
vimeo.com/clip=46693
visible to windows users.

generated with imovie and using the 'web' compression and .mov file format. it seemed to work on others, but not this past week!

windows users say they can hear the sound files but not see the video. (i haven't checked on a windows box so i can't verify the behavior.)

but on both of these, i also couldn't access the thumbnails in the submit to flickr script. (and could previously.)

johnbmx4christ

johnbmx4christ

.those last 3 clips posted all work for me just fine.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.