narelle

narelle

On my clips, if a clip is private, it is not letting me change it. Clicking on the area where it states the privacy level it is not letting me change anything, clicking doesn't go anywhere.....Anybody else having this issue??

Bluewave

Bluewave

Yes, having the same issue with all my vids using Internet Explorer. Can change the options using Firefox and Opera though so I'm guessing it's a Java issue. Still, I'd expect all Vimeo features to work with the "base browser" (IE) these days.

Justin Ouellette

Justin Ouellette PRO

Firefox is the base browser these days. Why does anyone still use IE? That said, it should work in IE and I'll check it out.

Bluewave

Bluewave

Thanks. IE is still very widely used... I still use it as the support for Synaptics touchpad smooth scrolling is far better than in any other browser (even in Firefox with the SmoothWheel addon), and certain websites I visit for work only look right in IE.

Justin Ouellette

Justin Ouellette PRO

I didn't mean to suggest it wasn't still widely used; it's definitely the base from a development standpoint, though. Firefox is a much better neutral choice for standards-based development, and it has MUCH MUCH MUCH better debugging tools (compared to IE, which has the most useless Javascript error reporting I've ever seen). We build things in Firefox, then correct them for IE.

Brian Migliore

Brian Migliore

I had problems in IE too, it works for me in firefox though.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.