ilikecrisps

ilikecrisps

Hi people. I'm new here and I'm planning on uploading some videos of my guitar playing. However I have been using another popular video uploading site for the past year and I got nothing but disrespect there. I'm just wondering if I upload a video here will I be treated with respect or will I be stalked and harassed and told to "die in a fire" just because people don't like my video? I just want to upload videos for fun, but I won't bother if this isn't a fun site.

Jake Lodwick

Jake Lodwick Alum

You will almost certainly have fewer viewers here, but the people who do view your stuff will almost certainly be more respectful.

Usually when a Vimeo user sees something he doesn't like, he just clicks away. So the worst you'll get is apathy -- which is a more efficient way of learning that your video lacked appeal than negative comments.

Of course, whether a lack of appeal is a problem is entirely up to you. I put up plenty of videos not because I'm trying to entertain the world, but because I want a safe, clean place to store them.

ilikecrisps

ilikecrisps

I don't mind fewer viewers. I like the idea of people just clicking on something else if they don't like my video. On the last site I used I got constant harassment. Someone even made a video just so he could mention my name and post comments telling me to "end my life", and when I complained to the site moderators I was told "sorry we can't see a terms of violation misuse in those comments".

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Alum

that rarely happens here. you will find that this site is very friendly most of the time... and if you are interested in more views, watch other people's clips, comment, subscribe, and get to know some users. You will find, in time, that you actually start to meet some pretty cool people who share similar video interests.

Chris Kalani

Chris Kalani

no we will probably make you feel like a jerk and stuff...

just kidding, this place is totally awesome. it made me want to make videos more and stuff because people are totally cool and actually like things you make. we care about each other here.

dave brownlee

dave brownlee

i've been here a month and am yet to see any comments that disrespect anyones work. get your guitar out, strum away and see how it goes. vimeo is so sweet i'm now a diabetic.

ilikecrisps

ilikecrisps

Thanks. I've decided to give it a try and I've posted a video :)

davidxcarroll

davidxcarroll

TOTALLY DUDE. It's therapy here. Like a support group. No matter what you put up, someone will be nice to you. You say you're just going to upload guitar clips just for fun, but you'll end up becoming an addict and live to document and create. Crap... maybe it's a reverse support group... It makes addicts...

ilikecrisps

ilikecrisps

I probably will become an addict if this site is good. I had 450 videos uploaded to the other video uploading site I mentioned :)

So Jane

So Jane

Don't be afraid little buddy, just put your toes in to test the water. Vimeo is always at a comfortable 75 degrees! NICE!

ilikecrisps

ilikecrisps

Thanks people. I've already uploaded a video but I set it to be private. I think I'll go and make it public and see what happens :)

islebehere

islebehere PRO

i don't even know how to play the guitar and i uploaded my 2nd lesson. nobody commented to "end my life" cuz i totally sucked at it. it's a more positive feeling here.
you may get some constructive criticism, but even THAT won't be negative.

Tamma Strongbear

Tamma Strongbear

i have been here a few weeks and i no one is rude or nasty... but then again.. i think it's hard for people to even get to your video's here at vimeo... i love the look and speed and concept of vimeo but it's def not the place to post your vids if you want some one to stumble across them. but it is great to add to your blog.

Andrew Love

Andrew Love

welcome to the community. if anyone gave you that kind of disrespect here, i think they would be run out of town by the other community members.

Eyerex

Eyerex

Always makes me wish i could play a musical instrument when i hear someone play
only thing i ever tried was a recorder when i was at junior school and was crap at that :)

Stéphane Jallet

Stéphane Jallet

Welcome, already had a look to your vids, they are relaxing, and good tunes by the way !

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.