bbouslaugh

bbouslaugh Plus

Vimeo is great for allowing me to embed my finished movies into my blog. Vimeo is faster in downloading my movies than archive.org and unlike the archive I can delete old videos at will.

But there are those times when I cannot create (or don't want to create) a full blown movie, but instead take still pictures and then capture ambient sounds and conversations with my voice recorder. so..
What I would like to do with my blog now is to embed these sound recordings directly underneath my still photos as mp3 podcasts..so folks who read my journal can actually hear what was taking place at the time I took the photo.
My question is:
Is this a service that Vimeo will be considering in the near future? It would be great if you would also host mp3 podcasts.

Any other suggestions on how I can do this is appreciated. bill (in washington, dc)

The National Parcs

The National Parcs

Alright, so it is still techically video, but you could create a slide show, and export it as a qt mov.

Jake Lodwick

Jake Lodwick Alum

I wouldn't rule out the possibility, but for now we're going to stay focused on video. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

bbouslaugh

bbouslaugh Plus

Thanks guys for the replies.
ccir601 yeah I thought about that, using the QT player to create a slide show hosted on Vimeo, but I'm just currently intriged by the idea of having this nice 500x400 pixel stand-alone photograph with recorded sound right underneath it, showing nothing but the player bar that can be clicked on. Well, I'm just playing around with the idea. It's no big deal. :)
bill

Cait Oppermann

Cait Oppermann

Vimeo is about videos and I think that's probably what it should stick to. There are all kinds of audio sites out there that can give you want you want for that.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.