sgwvm

sgwvm

Check out a video I posted... the Blue Man Group on Global Warming. its in my vimeo profile...

The Stop Global Warming Virtual March is a non-partisan online effort to bring all Americans together to acknowledge that global warming is here now... and it is time to take action to stop it. It is urgent that we get involved now.
One person can change the world. Over 284,000 people have already joined the march.
Imagine the power of millions of marchers! Together, we will be heard.

Go to stopglobalwarming.org to join!

Our mission is to use the strength of our numbers to urge:
1) Our government to join the rest of the world in solving global warming, and
2) American business to start a new industrial revolution and develop clean energy products that will reduce our dependence on oil and other pollutants that contribute to global warming.

Desmark

Desmark

hmm, interesting arguments on both sides.
I tend to sit in the middle on Global warming for the simple fact that our planet's life-cycle is so complicated that any attempt to explain what is happening is futile, as is the argument
"Weather patterns are influenced FAR more by cycles of sun activity than by the activities of man."
neither can be a definite fact, its all relatively speculative.
I do however agree with the objectives of the Kyoto treaty. If using a buzzword to advertise the effects of pollution on our environment on the whole ( as opposed to just the ozone layer )raises awareness amongst less interested parties then it is worth its weight in gold. Just the fact that its being mentioned here illusrates that point.
Beachmike, I think Kyoto should be a neccesity, and I also believe the reason that renewable fuel sources are so ineffecient at this moment is time, is mostly due to the vehement opposition of multi-national fossil fuel companies that out-market the smaller upstarts.
If renewable energy had anywhere near as much investment as nuclear energy I imagine it would begin to catch up very quickly in terms of supplying a nation, even one with such huge requirements as the USA.

Desmark

Desmark

Even big killer readioactive ones?
Admittedly that argument falls flat after the Teenage mutant ninja turtles' existance. If shredder hadn't been thwarted Krang would have taken over the world and April would have been the equivalent of a mini-jabba's bi-atch.
Sorry state of affairs indeed.
Samurai pizza cats sucked.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.