dmscvan

dmscvan

Hi, I've just discovered vimeo, and so far I really like the site. I already have a YouTube account, but I like the way that vimeo kind of integrates with Flickr (well - the uploading a still shot that links back to here).

My one complaint would be the lack of an FAQ or help page (unless I've just missed it!). Anyways, I do have a couple of questions. I've looked for the answers on the forum, and although there's some similar topics, I still can't figure it out exactly.

I've must uploaded one video, and the quality is pretty poor - very fuzzy. It was the same on YouTube, and I just assumed that this was part of a compression process that happens when posting on one of these sites. But looking at other people's videos, several look much clearer! Is this because of the format I've posted them in? (AVI) Should I be converting them into something else before uploading them to get better quality? And if so, anyone know of some freeware that I can download to do this?

Sorry, I haven't really worked much with video files before - if anyone could help me out with these questions, it'd be much appreciated! Or just point me to a good site that explains these things...

Thanks!!

wallyworld

wallyworld

It's obvious - there needs to be a simple "Vimeo 101". I had trouble to begin with, too.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.