Allan

Allan

What is the status of the bug which prevents the user from changing a video from Private (Just Me) to Public (Everybody)? This was reported weeks ago and the problem still remains. It's rather disconcerting to see this after my first session with Vimeo.

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

Could you elaborate? I don't know of anyone having trouble doing this anymore...

Allan

Allan

Andrew,

I don't know how I could be more explicit but I'll try. I mark a video as public and gets uploaded as private. When I go to change it back to public, the change doesn't "stick." If I delete it and upload it again, the same thing happens again.

Ted Roden

Ted Roden Alum

Which browser are you using? Is this happening with all your videos, or just one?

Allan

Allan

Happens with Opera 9.21 and IE 6. So far only with one out of 7.

Ryan Masuga

Ryan Masuga Plus

I THINK I'm running into this too. I originally uploaded this video as private: vimeo.com/783540/ I just changed it to Public (says it's Public in the settings) but it doesn't show for people in my video list. If I pop open a new browser, don't log in and go to my page: vimeo.com/user401029/videos it says 2 videos, but only shows one - the one I initially uploaded as public. Has this been fixed, or am I missing something? Thanks.

Frank

Frank

Same for me.
I changed the privacy of a video ( vimeo.com/804453 ) from private to public but the video isn't shown on my user page ( vimeo.com/user394788 ).
If I go to the album ( Skydive 2007 ) I added the video, I can see and play it.

But it's still not shown on my user page.
Anything I can do?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

these things take some time to update. it's showing up now.

The Crawfords

The Crawfords

I'm having the same issues with one of the videos I uploaded. I loaded two of them yesterday, and one shows up as public - but I can't get the other off of the private setting.

Here's the video's URL, if that helps: vimeo.com/932570

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

This video is public, like sox said, it just takes a bit of time to update.

Jeff

Jeff

I'm having a similar problem. This video, vimeo.com/928843, is marked as private (nobody else) and I'm trying to change it to private (password).

I've made the change numerous times, but it doesn't seem to stick. Each time I go back to the video (including in different browsers and on different computers), it is still marked as private (nobody else).

I have created about 5 other videos and never had problems password protecting the videos.

Thanks.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

to get the most obvious out of the way... did you click on "save all changes" after making changes to your privacy settings? if you continue to have this problem, contact dalas or blake directly (via our help page) and they should be able to help you out.

Jeff

Jeff

Yep. Clicked on "save all changes."

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

the page is showing 2 videos now. again, these things take some time.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.