scott

scott

i've been using WMM, but i have been experiencing some trouble with it (crashing, freezing, etc).

i'm kind of a novice so i've been looking for a program that has a simple to use interface like WMM, but i've yet to find anything that really looks like it would work for me.
oh, and being free is a plus.

can anyone out there help me either fix my WMM problems or recommend another program?

Roel Scheijde

Roel Scheijde

there are a couple of free programs out there, but I haven't been able to realy work with them, the only one i've been able to get running is wax, but it crashes all the time and has a realy messy interface.

Somethimes you get a free (simple) version of pinacle with dvd writers or other hardware, it works prety much the same as movie maker

dalas verdugo

dalas verdugo Staff

Try the free Avid program if it will run on your computer. I think it's called FreeDV or something.

islebehere

islebehere PRO

also, make sure you don't have a whole lot of collections in WMM. that could slow it down ALOT!

Bluewave

Bluewave

Yes, WMM does freeze-up occasionally, usually when there are lots of small video segments. But persevere with it as it's a capable programme - all my current vids were made with it (and VirtualDub for certain functions). Just remember to save frequently and if a movie is growing two big, save it into parts and then join them together at the end.

I bought Adobe Premiere Elements quite cheaply and it's supposed to be easy to use but with greater control than WMM. However, it only runs on Service Pack 2 (XP) and my PC can't be upgraded without going into meltdown. So I'm stuck with WMM for now.

dave brownlee

dave brownlee

according to the website the freeDV from avid will no longer be available from sept 1st. get it whilst you can.

ed

ed

What kind of files are you trying to edit with WMM? If you're having issues with that you will probably have issues with other software. WMM is pretty stable, if not full featured.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.