Prasad RL

Prasad RL

Ok this may not sound like a bug, but it sure is weird..

here is what it is.. Assume I create a video titled 'my new video' and say that video gets added to a channel. After a day or two I realize that title name really sucks and I change it to something better. The problem is the channel the video is part of, would still display the video name with the old name not the new one..

I would expect it to show the new title. A user who clicks on the channel video and goes to the video page will be confused to see a different title (the new one ofcourse). This is also the case when someone 'likes' my video or comments on it, the homepage does address the video by the old title.

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

Hi Prasad, this is the correct behavior. When you add a video to a channel you have the ability to change the name to whatever you want, so if you want the new title to show up in the Channel, you'll have to do it manually.

Prasad RL

Prasad RL

I thought this is how you probably implemented it, but IMO its not a very good user experience.

In this case, this is not a channel I moderate so its not possible for me to change it manually. There should be a link reference to the video title not a static one.

Prasad RL

Prasad RL

And also imagine this video got added to 20 different channels, changing them manually by requesting the moderator, or even if I had the rights to change it, doing this on every single one of them is just not a good user experience..

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.