Eric E. Anderson

Eric E. Anderson

vimeo.com/788833

For some reason, this video (.mov 960x540) is presented much smaller after it's encoded here on Vimeo. I replaced it twice and each time, the same thing. Can you take a look at it for me? This video was created in the exact same way as all my others, so I am not sure what the dealio.

Vimeo rocks.

Eric E. Anderson

Eric E. Anderson

I re-uploaded a 1280 version and it's now presented as HD. So, I guess 540P stuff is not supported anymore.

VideoCobra

VideoCobra

Hello Eric,

I am not sure if i share the same problem with you as now i cannot see all the vimeo videos including the ones i uploaded in HD. The option to turn HD on and off does not even exist for me now in all Vimeo..

VideoCobra

VideoCobra

Hello Eric,

I downloaded Firefox and the HD returned like MAGIC. Using IE 6 i still have the same problems..Very strange and hope TECHNICAL will find out what could be wrong.

Eugenia Loli

Eugenia Loli Plus

This is not the same as in Eric's case and some other's today. There is no HD version for these 540p files they uploaded. I used both Firefox and IE btw.

Eric E. Anderson

Eric E. Anderson

It looks like videos that aren't 1280x720 or better will not encode as "HD" anymore. Up till now, the resolutions below 720p but above SD (480p +), the upload would encode as "HD" - and in my opinion - looked great!

So, it seems, if you are uploading 960x540 video (for example) it will encode as SD. I am sure someone from the staff will chime in on this during the week.

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

We're playing with new encoding quality for HD, and have upped the minimum for HD conversion.

Eric E. Anderson

Eric E. Anderson

Thanks Andrew... looks like I'm going to need a bigger hard drive in my MacBook Pro... oof.

j:boyd

j:boyd

AGAIN I SAY... POOP ON A STICK, MAN!!! This stinks!

VideoCobra

VideoCobra

Sorry, maybe I was not clear with my postings. All my videos show up as HD without any problems at all when i uploaded them. I only have this issue now as the HD icon has dissapeared from the screen using IE6. when i switich to firefox instead the HD icon pop right back.

Eugenia Loli

Eugenia Loli Plus

As I said earlier, make a separate bug report about this. This is not the same as Eric's bug report. Your problem is different.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.