Jody Williams

Jody Williams

Hello. I posted this in General Discussion, but maybe it's better off here...

I need some help/advice. I've uploaded a couple of videos and they have come out not very clear. The first one, vimeo.com/1014244, was captured from a miniDV camera using Nero Essentials 7 and exported to a mpeg2 file format. I initially exported it to a dv/avi file, but it was 1.2GB so I needed to make it smaller. Nero allows me to export in a number of different formats.

The second one, vimeo.com/988967, was captured from the same miniDV camera, but I used Windows Movie Maker and saved it using the recommendations given in the Vimeo tutorial.

My question is this, how can I make my videos look better on Vimeo? What format should I use? I'm a beginner at this, so please bear with me.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Jody

Hello. I need some help/advice. I've uploaded a couple of videos and they have come out not very clear. The first one, vimeo.com/1014244, was captured from a miniDV camera using Nero Essentials 7 and exported to a mpeg2 file format. I initially exported it to a dv/avi file, but it was 1.2GB so I needed to make it smaller. Nero allows me to export in a number of different formats.

The second one, vimeo.com/988967, was captured from the same miniDV camera, but I used Windows Movie Maker and saved it using the recommendations given in the Vimeo tutorial.

My question is this, how can I make my videos look better on Vimeo? What format should I use? I'm a beginner at this, so please bear with me.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Jody

or cancel

Eugenia Loli

Eugenia Loli Plus

I assume you are in an NTSC country. Export at 656x480 at 2 mbps using the WMV codec. 128 kbps for audio.

To make it look much better than that on Vimeo, you will need to get an HD camera and export at 720p.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.