Mark

Mark Staff

Integration within Dropbox is something you all have wanted for a while and we're super stoked to announce that it's finally here!

You can connect your Vimeo account to Dropbox on the upload page (vimeo.com/upload) or in your account settings (vimeo.com/settings). Once Dropbox is connected, you can control which videos you upload through a “Vimeo” folder within Dropbox. Videos can then be uploaded automatically, or you can select videos to upload manually.

For MORE INFO and TROUBLESHOOTING HELP, please see our FAQ entry about this: vimeo.com/help/faq/uploadingfromdropbox

If your question isn't answered there, or if something is broken - please let us know and we'll be happy to assist you! Drop it like it's hot, y'all.

** Please note ** If your post is unrelated to Dropbox Integration it will be deleted.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ - KNOWN ISSUES - ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

1. The auto-upload function isn't stable. If you're using auto-upload and are having trouble, please try manually uploading from Dropbox instead. We're working on this issue.

2. If the upload takes over 4 hours, it times out and fails. We're working with Dropbox on addressing this issue. Please try uploading from a faster connection, if you can't - please use our regular on-site uploader in the meantime.

Elevation Video

Elevation Video PRO

I'm trying to take advantage of the auto-uploading feature, but a video I put in the Apps/Vimeo folder in my Dropbox yesterday afternoon has still not uploaded. On the upload screen, clicking on the +Dropbox Upload Status just gives me a pop-up where I can see the file I'm trying to upload, but I can't do anything with it. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

What does it say next to your file on the Dropbox upload status screen?

Ben Carlson

Ben Carlson Plus

Same issue here; 3 videos successfully uploaded to Dropbox about 3 hours ago - the status pop-up lists the 3 videos, but no indication, nothing next to the file names... Since the upload is quite urgent, I have gone the "manual" way for now.

Michael Kupfer

Michael Kupfer

I put a video in the Dropbox-folder at 3 p.m. and now, 3 hours later, it is still not there. Could it be that it doesn´t work because I use the 2-way-authentication that Dropbox offers now?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

The 2-step authentication shouldn't interfere with the Dropbox integration. (And everyone should absolutely have this enabled!) We'll look into it in case it does.

Michael Kupfer

Michael Kupfer

@Tommy: the upload hasn´t finished, I uploaded it manually

Siegfried Bekkers

Siegfried Bekkers Plus

Hi Tommy, thanks for your quick response.
I have followed your advice; and created a Dropbox account. I've tried to upload my Video (1.5 GB) in a Dropbox folder. But after 9 hours only 1.4 mb was uploaded! To upload my video (1.5 GB) directly via Vimeo failed already 20 times. I decided to do a test upload to check my settings: I uploaded a small video-file(131 MB). This took only half an hour! So all my settings are just good! But it is so impossible to upload a large file. How can I still upload a 1.5GB-video file? kind regards, Siegfried Bekkers
vimeo.com/48521370 (is the small video file which succesfully uploaded)
vimeo.com/siegfriedbekkers

Link: vimeo.com/48521370

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

It sounds like something on your network or with your ISP is preventing you from uploading large files on both Vimeo and Dropbox. Try resetting your router and/or modem. If you're still having trouble, you may want to contact your ISP.

Sam Heijens

Sam Heijens Plus

I'm also trying the auto upload feature but it isn't working. I can upload from dropbox manually from your site, but not automatic.

I also use the dropbox 2 way auth, if that has anything to do with it.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry about that, Sam. As far as I know, 2-way authentication shouldn't interfere with Dropbox integration, but I'll pass this along to the devs in case this is an issue.

Sam Heijens

Sam Heijens Plus

I hope you guys get it working, because this really is a killer feature.

Ruben Salvadori

Ruben Salvadori

is there a way to check the upload progress (in percentage left) when uploading from dropbox?
Is 9 hours and counting normal for a 1,5G video, on vimeo plus account?
do I have to stay connected to the internet while uploading from dropbox to vimeo?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Nope, you can leave your computer alone if the files you're uploading are already on Dropbox. You can check the status of your Dropbox upload by clicking on the Dropbox link in the top-right corner of the /upload page:

Link: cl.ly/image/3F0z3i2f1f21

Livestream Australia

Livestream Australia PRO

Hi, I have successfully uploaded, converted and gone live with10 x 15 minute videos via DropBox. However, I have 5 longer videos that are stuck at 'Your Video is Uploading' even though the upload is finished. As they were in Dropbox, I 're-uploaded' to vimeo and they are still stuck. My account is Pro. This is for an important client and I need this to work by the 1st of the month

Link: vimeo.com/48588805

Livestream Australia

Livestream Australia PRO

I have now deleted them and will 'upload' from DropBox again. Please respond and let us know what the problem and fix is.

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate Staff

How big were the files that you were trying to upload? And did they successfully go through if you chose to manually upload them from Dropbox?

Eternal Genesis Films

Eternal Genesis Films

Is there a way to have the "Replace this Video" feature use a video I have in my Dropbox? It would be helpful so that I won't lose the likes and comments on it. I could upload it from my computer, but that seems to defeat the purpose of using Dropbox, since it's so much faster. Thanks.

Just90.tv

Just90.tv PRO

And me too. But the dropbox facility is wonderful; thank you

ja.do

ja.do PRO

Hi, yes, "replace this video" with dropbox would be very nice! The dropbox feature you implemented is great! Thanks for that!

Jade PhotoArt

Jade PhotoArt

when i try to connect vimeo todropbox, it success but not for auto uploader.. it says Error: Invalid or missing signature... pls how to solve this.. thanks^^

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate Staff

Looks like you're disconnected now--could you try reconnecting to Dropbox and see if the error comes back?

If it does, could you try to screenshot it for us?

gomi

gomi Plus

Error: Invalid or missing signature
is what I get, whether I choose a folder (full access) or choose vimeo folder, basically it no worky

Sidney Leroy

Sidney Leroy

Hi, like "Jay Penrith"

I got Invalid or missing signature...

I upload a video of 750mo and it is already on Dropbox (could be read via facebook)what could be the probleme? Thank you in advance :)

P.S: well done for the team for this new feature (hope it will work soon)

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate Staff

When you say you're trying to upload a 750MB video--was that video already in your auto-upload folder before you connected Dropbox to Vimeo? If so, the file wouldn't have been uploaded, as only changes made to the auto-upload folder after connecting can be seen by our system.

Sidney Leroy

Sidney Leroy

Ah okay, The video was already on my folder before i set my auto upload folder thanks, I will try and come back later.

Sidney Leroy

Sidney Leroy

Okay I have tried an other time. This time the video is always stuck at "Processing" it's now more than 10hours. What could be wrong this time? Thank you in advance for your answer. Cheers

Michael Habernig

Michael Habernig PRO

Doesn't seem to be working for me either. I have 3 files in the apps/vimeo folder, 2 of them I tried forcing through the uploads page. I've deleted and retried forced uploading at least twice after about 11-12 hours of waiting. The 3rd file I haven't forced, I'm just waiting to see how long it will take to auto upload. I'm also using the 2 step dropbox verification.

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate Staff

Did any of these videos ever come through? Could you send me the link to one if they did?

Art of the Title

Art of the Title PRO

Having the same issues with DB auto-upload not working. I drop a file in, it syncs and then nothing.

Checking the status on Vimeo just show the file name with no other information.

The file is a .mp4, H.264 codec, 150.6 MB in size.

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate Staff

Do you still have any videos stuck in uploading? Could you link me to one?

Mark

Mark Staff

I see 2 upload attempts on Aug 30th, neither of which were auto-upload. Was there anything else?

Art of the Title

Art of the Title PRO

Well that file I linked to is sitting in the Vimeo folder and I have auto-upload enabled on my account. Shouldn't it check and upload it?

Mark

Mark Staff

Auto-upload is buggy and doesn't work properly right now.

Mark

Mark Staff

We're working on this, sorry about that!

Team XN

Team XN PRO

Auto dropbox not working. Have to manually choose it. Yes it is turned on. Files upload fine if I manually choose them. GREAT feature. Too bad it's not ready yet. Please advise.

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate Staff

It looks like right now you have full access turned off. Can you just confirm the auto-upload path in your Dropbox directory?

Team XN

Team XN PRO

I don't want all the videos in all my directories to be uploaded. Only the ones in the Vimeo folder

path is /dropbox/apps/vimeo

Simon Grossi

Simon Grossi

I have same issues with DB upload not working. I drop a file in, it syncs and then nothing.
After about 11-12 hours of waiting my file (1.5Go) doesn't appear. Processing... and Dropbox upload status>Upload..

3 days ago I uploaded a smaller video, it worked well. Is it the size of the video is causing this problem? Too bad there isn't a progress bar to show the status of the upload in upload status via dropbox.

Mark

Mark Staff

How long did it take for the file to drop?

Why Poverty?

Why Poverty?

I assume it should be quick to upload something from dropbox to vimeo? the point is that you save on upload time, right? because it's either not working, or it's just taking for ever. The most frustrating thing is not knowing if it's working at all or not ... just says "processing" for days.

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate Staff

Could you provide a link to the video page for a upload that's still processing? Also, how large are the files that are getting stuck?

Chris Burgess

Chris Burgess

Been trying to upload a 1.5GB file for the past 8 hours from Dropbox...is there no way of telling what progress is being made? I click on the Dropbox upload status link but it only says "Uploading" with no indiction of progress. The file uploaded to Dropbox in about six hours so I am starting to wonder if this is working...

Link: vimeo.com/48726131

Mark

Mark Staff

There's a 4-hour timeout error that is occurring - we're working on Dropbox to see why it's happening. If you're on Wi-fi it may help if you switched to a hard wired connection to make it go faster.

Steve Suderman

Steve Suderman PRO

I connected my vimeo to dropbox no problem. Uploaded a 1.3 GB video to the [vimeo] auto upload folder on dropbox no problem. Waited about a day and nothing happened. So I manually requested the upload from dropbox. Now, like others, it has been stuck on processing for 3 days. I think for a while it was actually uploaded and waiting for processing, but now it seems to be uploading again. Not actually sure what's happening for real.

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you try deleting the file and manually uploading from Dropbox again? We're aware of some issues with auto uploads.

Steve Suderman

Steve Suderman PRO

I tried that yesterday, but i'll try it again today. Restarting the upload from dropbox.

Steve Suderman

Steve Suderman PRO

3 days later and the dropbox upload status still says 'uploading'. Any thoughts? I am uploading manually and have given vimeo full access to dropbox. I am not uploading from the vimeo app folder. thanks.

Steve Suderman

Steve Suderman PRO

I get a message saying I don't have permission to view the page. You might not have them set to public. You could try logging out of vimeo to see for yourself.

Steve Suderman

Steve Suderman PRO

I should clarify the actual message:

Permission Denied
Sorry, you do not have permission to watch this private video.

Moses Naranjo

Moses Naranjo

Yes they are set to private. Whether I change this or not does not affect their upload status, they are invisible to me and state that they are in the process of uploading. I have come to the conclusion that my videos ar simply too long at 2.5 hours and they are too large in file size at 2.5gb. I believe this combination of length and file size is not accepted by Vimeo, which goes against their claims.

I set the rate at 2k but for such long videos I should have set it to less than 1k.

Moses Naranjo

Moses Naranjo

I have also tried manually with basic and advanced uploaders, as well with the dropbox feature. The videos file size + video length is simply too large. I bet a short clip with a large file size would work, I just don't have time at the moment to do high quality exports to test a web site, unless I was getting paid for it.

Daniel Kelly

Daniel Kelly

Hi

I have recently deployed the Dropbox integration and it doesn't seem to be working at all for me for the AutoUpload feature. My files sync with Dropbox no problem but never appear in Vimeo. It has been almost 3 days now so I manually uploaded 3 of them. I added another recently and that has yet to upload.

Any ideas?

Mark

Mark Staff

We're working on some issues with auto upload right now, sorry about that.

Kensington Orlando

Kensington Orlando Plus

Wondering about the auto upload feature. Best I can tell, everything is set correctly. I have a few files in the directory that is set to auto upload, in a variety of sizes and a couple different formats. Nothing is moving. When I click the link, they are all listed there, but no indication as to progress. And nothing has moved for days. Help please.

Mark

Mark Staff

We're working on some issues with auto upload right now, sorry about that.

Kensington Orlando

Kensington Orlando Plus

I went ahead and used dropbox to manually upload a video, and almost 24 hours later, it is still "uploading".

Mark

Mark Staff

After 4 hours it'll time out. Can you try it again?

El Metatron Podcast

El Metatron Podcast

Hi! I uploaded a 1.95 Gb mp4 file to dropbox and then I manually uploaded it from dropbox to vimeo. Its been several hours now but its still on "When your upload is complete, we’ll start encoding your file. Once that magical technological process occurs"
Yestarday I tried with a 500mb file and it took half an hour, is this okey???

Enlace: vimeo.com/48805166

Mark

Mark Staff

Looks like you've deleted this file, are you still having trouble?

El Metatron Podcast

El Metatron Podcast

I had to delete all "in progress" videos and upload it the old fashion way. I see you know you are having some issues, I'll try uploading something later.
thanks-

Mark

Mark Staff

Did you by any chance move or re-name the file while it was processing?

El Metatron Podcast

El Metatron Podcast

No, the file is still there. It's been a day now, clearly something is very wrong.

Florence Baptist Church

Florence Baptist Church PRO

Our latest video has been stuck in processing since 7:53 last night (Monday). It was uploaded via Dropbox, which took 30 min. longer than last week's upload of a larger file. It did not move to Vimeo automatically; I did that manually.

Can you help, please? And can you tell me what we should have done differently? Was this related to the upload via Dropbox?

Link: vimeo.com/48772170

Mark

Mark Staff

It's a bit buggy at the moment, but we're working on it as quickly as possible!

Grace Community Church

Grace Community Church

First of all auto uploads isn't working and when i selected manual upload 8 hours later the video is still "processing" any idea why this would be happening?

Mark

Mark Staff

Auto uploads aren't working properly right now - and all uploads time out after 4 hours. We're working on resolving both of these issues right now, sorry about that.

Aaron Fortson III

Aaron Fortson III

OK cool looks like im not the only one. Uploaded a 89mb file to dropbox/apps/vimeo folder. no problem. When I check dropbox upload status I see the name and no indication of status. I do not have all access to my files enabled just the vimeo folder. Would love to see an update as to whats being done about this and when we can expect it to work as advertised.

Mark

Mark Staff

Are you using auto-upload? Can you try manually uploading from dropbox?

LightBulbProd

LightBulbProd Plus

Hi. I've upload a video in dropbox. 2.5GB. after the upload on dropbox is finish, i've connect my vimeo account to drop box. Manually find the video. Upload video start. After 7 hour, nothing appear. Where i can check the transfert status? Thanks! In upload status i see only "uploading"...nothing else.

Link: vimeo.com/48873842

Mark

Mark Staff

It times out after 4 hours, please try again.

Lm3 Filmes

Lm3 Filmes Plus

I'm trying to send a video days of 1.5 gb now dropbox is the last attempt, I managed to send to dropbox .. dropbox but can not send to vimeo ... to see that vimeo is full of problem ... which forecast things get normal mandar and got my videos? the ending was what I did for a paid account.

Link: vimeo.com/48882418

Mark

Mark Staff

Is it taking over 4 hours to transfer? If so - can you try from a faster connection?

Lm3 Filmes

Lm3 Filmes Plus

I could send the video to the dropbox, now believe the transfer is done server dropbox straight to vimeo. I even sent direct by vimeo surely takes more than 4 hours. Are 1.5 GB! my internet is 10mb ...

Link: vimeo.com/48882418

Florence Baptist Church

Florence Baptist Church PRO

That's interesting. I wondered if the problem of videos timing out after 4 hours in processing (vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:71793#comment_7788682) was related to Dropbox or not. In theory I wouldn't expect the processing engine to care where video came from. Maybe this is no more odd than the fact that problems with slow (and failed) uploads via the browser are only experienced by some regions.

Harvest Lake Zurich

Harvest Lake Zurich Plus

I thought I'd try the new DropBox integration earlier this week with a 2.5G video. It uploaded to DropBox fine. It has been processing on Vimeo for a couple days. The DropBox status link just says uploading. I'm assuming it has timed out. Tommy suggested I post it here as well. Please advise.

Link: vimeo.com/48829733

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you try doing it again? Please make sure you don't move the file or re-name it while it's processing.

Harvest Lake Zurich

Harvest Lake Zurich Plus

I selected the file manually from DropBox for the upload. Assuming DropBox doesn't play with the file, we should be good re: processing. Any idea of the status of the first upload? Thanks.

Mark

Mark Staff

I see an attempt on September 4th and one today. I don't see the current status, but let me know if something happens (or doesn't happen).

Pure Fashion, Washington, D.C.

Pure Fashion, Washington, D.C. Plus

“2. If the upload takes over 4 hours, it times out and fails. We're working with Dropbox on addressing this issue. Please try uploading from a faster connection, if you can't - please use our regular on-site uploader in the meantime.”

My upload (or should I call it a “sideload?”) from Dropbox has taken seven or eight hours. It took me only 20 min to get the content (1.5 GB--I’m a Vimeo plus user) onto Dropbox. You’re not saying that the “sideload” times out, if it takes longer than four hours, do you?

Should I restart the upload?

Mark

Mark Staff

Did you move or re-name the file while it was still processing, by any chance?

FotoKlikk

FotoKlikk Plus

I just start using dropbox, previously the vimeo upload takes many hours, with dropbox it takes 1 or 2 (1gb). now the dropbox has the file but not start uploading to vimeo i guess. no upload status available just the name of the file, nothing next to it. I hoped this will be faster than vimeo upload what is slower than my net possibilities. why? unfortunatelly the resume is not working on vimeo upload so if any problem appaer i have to start again.

Mark

Mark Staff

Are you manually uploading from dropbox?

FotoKlikk

FotoKlikk Plus

I just finished manually uploaded it (especially from the Dropbox folder), to give chance to start the dropbox process in the meantime, but nothing happened with it.
The vimeo uploaded it about 50-70 kbps, the Dropbox uploaded it to own server with 150-200 kbps. why is so slow the vimeo upload?

XXChris123

XXChris123

well drop box uploaded a 1+ GB video or me
very rapidly dont recall the time was just shocked it did it so fast
took me a bit to find out how to side ways send it to viemo
started that process maybe an hour ago
process still under way using the automatic app to grab from drop box but it does not automatically grab
you have to choose the file from viemo at drop box
similar to choosing from desktop the selecting start uploading it
basically upload chosen video or whatever it says it doesnt do it automatically is the point
and there is a progress bar and it does show activity but in way shows true progress it just shows activity unsure what would happen if I logged off and returned I dont want to lose the progress bar so I will stay logged on

The BBD Screening Room

The BBD Screening Room PRO

This seems very cool and when stable is going to be a massive time saver... What if I wanted the videos to upload to a specific channel on my vimeo account... Would it be possible to have more folders in my vimeo folder and those folders represent my channels. So if i put a video clip in a folder called "my dog" then it would upload that to my account and place it in the channel and then only people with the password to that channel could see those videos...

Sidney Leroy

Sidney Leroy

Sorry but i'm still in trouble. i upload again my video on dropbox and The video is stuck on "processing" why??Thank in advance

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you link us to the video? What does it say next to your file on the Dropbox upload status screen?

Sidney Leroy

Sidney Leroy

Thank you for your answer. The message changed during night, now it's saying "Uploading" but my videos are already uploading on my dropbox.

Link: vimeo.com/49074540

Sidney Leroy

Sidney Leroy

Again? That will be the third time that I upload it. Alright, let do it. Cheers

Sidney Leroy

Sidney Leroy

Okay, this time that works perfectly in few minutes! Great! Thank you

El Metatron Podcast

El Metatron Podcast

I'm trying again, third time now .. :-(
This time the video tried an auto-upload but it's still processing after more than 10hs.
There's a difference now, on dropbox upload status I see the file with a red 'x'.
I've attatched a screenshot of the failed upload and the 'still processing' link.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Enlaces: dl.dropbox.com/u/2554598/failedUpload.png, vimeo.com/49227017

Mark

Mark Staff

Looks like you managed to get an upload working, are you all set?

El Metatron Podcast

El Metatron Podcast

Is it possible for you to get the uploading video unstuck ?
(after some days its still uploading...)
I'm going to have upload another video next Wednesday and I'd like to know if you think you'll fix this feature by then.
Thanks, Bye

Enlace: vimeo.com/49227017

Mark

Mark Staff

This upload failed, so there's nothing we can do about that one from our end, sorry.

El Metatron Podcast

El Metatron Podcast

But.. I don't get it. You say "your end". The file is at dropbox, it uploaded ok, so...

Mark

Mark Staff

I mean in the way of continuing or fixing that upload. The upload failed so we didn't receive the data.

Mark

Mark Staff

We didn't do anything on our end! Sometimes it just takes multiple attempts, sorry :(

Los artistas

Los artistas

Hi, is it possible to upload Apple Intermediate Codec,AAC?
It´s the best and smoothest.
T.L.A

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.