6360 Productions

6360 Productions

I'm new here so maybe I'm missing something, but I can't seem to get a custom portrait or video thumbnail to work.

I have uploaded each about 15 times, trying different formats (.jpg, .gig, .png) and different sizes (trying to make the file size as tiny as possible), making the portrait pic perfectly square - always the same result: it seems to upload fine, it says "almost done" and then "successful", but nothing has changed. I still have a happy face for my portrait and the colored stripes for my thumbnail.

Help, please!

ayumi

ayumi

same problem here ...

HAELLMUTH

HAELLMUTH

so say again, is there any solution for this out there?
i rererereuploaded the pic again and again and even the hole movie.

that's why i'm now using blip.
BUT I WANT VIMEO!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

would you mind upgrading to firefox 3 and see if that helps?

Mario Estrada

Mario Estrada

Yes, im going crazy with this bug. I have tried every browser I can get my hands on and it doesn't work! I also mistakingly got someone elses picture as a thumbnail.

Anyone help? Please....

Dutch Rall

Dutch Rall PRO

same problem here. "success" and then no thumbnail.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

yes, we are aware of this issue and trying to get to the bottom of it. thanks for your patience.

openFrameworks Lab

openFrameworks Lab

Sorry but does it take a week to 'get to the bottom of it?'

I really like Vimeo but there seems to be a ton of bugs related to caching, videos not getting shown, etc. Especially on Safari.

I wish there was as much attention paid to these issues as all the ajax slickness. The ajax interface is great but it is worth nothing if the interface doesn't actually do anything.

Thomas Arie

Thomas Arie

Just want to share the same experience. I couldn't upload my portrait.

Anyway, is there any chance to use the 'basic uploader' for portrait? I'm not sure what's wrong, is it the flash uploader? Or...

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

i just tested this and it worked fine. not sure... what is the file format and size?

Thomas Arie

Thomas Arie

On my first attempt, I used 300x300 image dimension (.jpg, 32 Kb). Why? Because when viewing my profile page, the default portrait image is 300x300 :)

Got the "Success!" message but no portrait.

I changed the image dimenstion to 140x140 (.jpg, 8 Kb)

"Success!", I can see a thumbnail there, but no image. Okey, change the dimension again: 80x80. Same result.

Thomas Arie

Thomas Arie

I tried using different browsers, but still no luck.

But, when I open using different internet connection, I can see it. And my friend can too.

But, at the same time -- when I can't open the my own portrait, I can see my friend's, and he can see mine. So, from my side... is it because of my internet connection? Maybe... Here, I only see blank (white) thumbnail for my portrait.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

i can see your portrait photo as well. sounds like this is browser cache related problem. please try clearing all your browser cache and see if that helps.

Pierre

Pierre

I also had the same problems as everyone here but found that the portraits do show up after awhile, just not straight away, especially if I tried uploading a large filesize.

To everyone having problems, did you try leaving it for 15 minutes and then reloading to see if it shows?

Cliff Etzel

Cliff Etzel Plus

The problem I"m having is I can't even upload an image - I've tried with FF3, IE6 and Safari for Windows - no ability to upload an image - any ideas what's going on?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

your flash is showing up as v10 on our system. are you using a beta version? if so, you might want to install the latest stable release (which i believe is 9.0.124) and see if that helps.

WAV Technologies

WAV Technologies Plus

I just uploaded two videos and both are fine EXCEPT that no thumbnails are showing up as choices. I usually just pick one of the 12 rather than uploading another image but I'm not getting any choices on these latest two videos.

Any ideas...?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

i see thumbnails now for both of your most recent videos.

Blue Texas

Blue Texas

I can't find a definitive answer to the problem of the upload portrait image button not responding. I've tried different browsers, tried turning off all my security/firewall, different internet connections, allowing all popups, but.... nothing. The button appears functional, but when I click it nothing happens.

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi Jennifer, Can you give me a link to the video you're having problems with?

Hipster Nascar

Hipster Nascar

I uploaded a portrait, which worked fine. But now I've decided I want to delete that image and replace it. I've uploaded the new image (twice, accidentally) but it still does not appear as the main portrait on my profile page. Instead, the new image sits below the main portrait in thumbnail form. How can I delete the old, main portrait photo, and delete one of the two new images I uploaded, and make the remaining image my main profile picture?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

you can delete the portrait you don't want by clicking on the red X on top of the image.

selecting the main portrait is a simple matter of clicking on the thumbnail.

Hipster Nascar

Hipster Nascar

It took hours for the other portraits to become visible under the settings>portrait page, but once they showed up it was easy to manage. Thanks for the help! But, can I suggest you guys retool the process so the portraits don't take hours to show up? Thanks again.

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Thanks for your suggestions, we're always tweaking things in the background and your feedback helps us know where to put our attention to.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.