Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi there, I'm seeing the outro link you selected on both of those embeds. Can you link us to the place they're embedded?

Steadivision

Steadivision Plus

Hey, quick response. Thanks!

I also see the link on the settings page, but not on the actual imbed.

My videos are all embedded on this page: steadivision.com/portfolio.html

The only ones that don't currently work for me are these 2, the 6th and 7th videos on the page.
DAGLICHT (16 mm 25 min)
STEADICAM SEGWAY TEST SHOT (DV 1.30 min)

All the best,

Chris

Link: steadivision.com/portfolio.html

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Thanks for the link! I think that this is an embed caching issue. Please try clicking "restore settings to defaults" on your embed settings pages and then redo your settings. Let me know if that works. If not, there are more troubleshooting steps we can try.

Steadivision

Steadivision Plus

Hi Darnell,

I just borrowed my neighbour's IPad to check this. This device had never been to my website. All the other videos with Outro links worked correctly, these two videos didn't.

All the best,

Chris

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hey Chris, Please give those steps I mentioned a try anyway (if you haven't already). If that doesn't resolve the issue, please let me know.

Steadivision

Steadivision Plus

Hey Darnell,

It's fixed now. Thanks for your instructions. If this is a bug, could you fix it? It costs us users hours of time checking that this stuff works the way we expect it to.

All the best,

Chris

Steadivision

Steadivision Plus

Darnell,

I stopped by the local Apple Store just to double check, and bafflingly, the Outros on those videos work fine on iMacs, Airs, and MacBooks, but not on iPads. On iPads, all the other videos on the same page with Outros work, but these two still do not.

I have no idea what is happening, but I'd really appreciate if you would fix it for me. I just can't spend any more time on this.

All the best,

Chris

Steadivision

Steadivision Plus

Thanks!

I guess now the mobile version of the video needs resetting. I have no obvious way of doing this but for deleting the file and starting again. It would be nice to not have to do that.

All the best,

Chris

Steadivision

Steadivision Plus

Hi,

Are you able to fix this? Please let me know if I have to reload the files instead.

All the best,

Chris

Mark

Mark Staff

We're still looking into it. If it's urgent, I suggest re-uploading the files. Sorry about that, Chris.

Steadivision

Steadivision Plus

Hi Mark,

It is urgent.

I replaced the video files. No luck. I restored the embed settings to default. No luck. The problems remain exactly as stated at the beginning of this thread.

Can you please just fix this for me?

All the best,

Chris

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Chris, sorry, instead of replacing the video files, can you just do a fresh new upload for them? Thanks for your patience.

Steadivision

Steadivision Plus

That will mean changing embed links on my websites.

Can't you please just re-encode the mobile files?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

I just did. If that doesn't work, I'd recommend uploading anew and re-embedding.

Steadivision

Steadivision Plus

Hi,

OK, I deleted the originals, re-uploaded the files, re-embedded them, and I still have this exact problem on these two videos. What on earth is going on here?

Chris

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry, to clarify, are you still using an iPad to test these video's outro link?

Steadivision

Steadivision Plus

An iPhone 3GS this time. All other outro links working OK. Only the replacement ones not working.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Ah. Unfortunately, embed Outros do not work on phones as they are playing the quicktime video, not our player.

Steadivision

Steadivision Plus

Hi Ian,

The outros work fine on the iPhone. The quicktime player opens in a new page, then when you press DONE, you return to the original webpage with the outro link written across the last frame. I enclose a link to a screenshot from an iPhone 3GS running iOS 5.1.1.

Anyway, I checked iPads too, and the same problem exists for these 2 video files and no others. I've deleted the files entirely, re-uploaded them, replaced the outro links, and still they don't work.

Please just fix this for me.

Chris

Link: steadivision.com/images/iphone.PNG

Steadivision

Steadivision Plus

Hi,

3 weeks on, and no resolution. I've followed your instructions to the letter. Now I'm down to one video that doesn't work. It's been deleted and re-uploaded 4-5 times now: 50839210

I'd appreciate a reply, and even more, some help. i came to Vimeo to save myself time processing videos for my website. I've spent an astonishing amount of time on this glitch, which really appears to be a bug in your system. I'm really done with it now. Will you please just fix this for me?

Chris

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Hi Chris, Sorry about all the back and forth. I'm not qualified to give much advice on this topic but I'll present it to our support team once I'm back in the office tomorrow. Thanks for your patience, we appreciate it.

Steadivision

Steadivision Plus

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for that. I'd love to put this to bed!

All the best,

Chris

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Chris, it looks like the video 50839210 was deleted. Please link me to the specific video and where it is being embedded so that I can pass it on to our developers again. Thanks for your patience.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.