useronvimeo

useronvimeo

Hey there.

I have problems listening to events using Froogaloop.

The linked fiddle works like a charm using Chrome, Firefox and Safari in Mac OS.

Nevertheless it doesn't trigger any events around 70% of the time in Chrome and Firefox in Windows XP. I also get: "Unable to post message to player.vimeo.com. Recipient has origin fiddle.jshell.net";

Link: jsfiddle.net/sMX6f/27/

useronvimeo

useronvimeo

We already made sure to have api=1 and make the iframe ID passed in the url to the params. The problem is windows as far as we know. We also have made sure to listen to bind to event after the iframe loads. The fiddle is pretty self explanatory, and we could replicate the issue there, but should you want to dig into our minified staging code feel free to explore trigion.bitremix.com/apply/3

Link: trigion.bitremix.com/apply/3

useronvimeo

useronvimeo

Just to be clear, the problem is that my app requires to know when the player ends in order to continue to the next step. Since there's an error that apparently blocks the trigger of the event, my whole app just dies and the next step never gets triggered.

So this really might look harmless with people only playing video, but when we are building much more complex apps this really cannot happen. We have no idea why it happens only some times and in some OS,(code works at all times on Chrome in OSX but fail 70%+ in Chrome in Windows XP/7) but we really think it's something on your side and we are needing assistance ASAP.

useronvimeo

useronvimeo

That's not really helpful. We already checked the documentation before posting in here.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.