Fine Moves

Fine Moves Plus

I'm not sure why this is... but I have my dropbox account linked to vimeo... I thought the whole point was to speed up the process.... but it seems that vimeo has to upload and encode all over again. For example I've encoded an mp4 video file, and exported it straight to my dropbox folder(linked to vimeo) I then have to go to vimeo and upload from dropbox account..... and then it takes forever, because it has to encode & upload again from that linked dropbox folder?? Where is the automatic uploading? Its basically not any quicker, infact it seems longer. I have auto-upload selected in my vimeo app settings. Its really not working well at all. Thoughts anyone?

cj Advertising

cj Advertising PRO

I've only had the automatic upload work one time so far. I can select videos to upload manually from the Dropbox folder but that's no better than just uploading them from the original location.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that. What has happened the other times you have tried?

cj Advertising

cj Advertising PRO

Ian,
Videos that are manually uploaded from DropBox work fine. I've tried disconnecting the DropBox link, then reconnecting and letting Vimeo create the upload folder in DropBox. Still no luck. This is especially frustrating in that we subscribed to DropBox specifically for this feature.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Okay thanks. I'm going to run some tests and look into this.

TopFootage.com

TopFootage.com PRO

I am having the same problem. Videos don't auto upload from dropbox. I can only manually select videos from dropbox folders.

cj Advertising

cj Advertising PRO

Is this working yet? Seems like some videos in our DropBox got uploaded...

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, this is working fine for me. Are you having trouble with it?

cj Advertising

cj Advertising PRO

I thought it was yesterday but now it doesn't seem to be. Very frustrating. Why is it that good old FTP isn't supported?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry, that is something we have unfortunately not gotten to yet. If you are having trouble, can you try disabling the Dropbox app and setting it up again?

TCmotion

TCmotion PRO

The automatic upload has yet to work for me. When I click the Dropbox upload status link, I can see all the videos on my Dropbox, and the ones that have been manually uploaded are green. But unless I tell it to manually upload something from the folder, nothing ever happens with the video.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. Can you try disabling the app and setting up the automatic upload folder once again?

TCmotion

TCmotion PRO

Thanks for the reply- I just unlinked and relinked the app, then added a new file with the same results. The upload status can see the file, but it's not uploading it.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Are you choosing your own automatic upload folder or, are you letting the app create one for you?

TCmotion

TCmotion PRO

I had been using the one the app set up (~/Dropbox/Apps/Vimeo), but just tried setting up a custom one to no avail. Same thing- when checking the status, the new folder and the file inside show up, but they don't actually upload

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Interesting. Does the folder that the app set up still work?

TCmotion

TCmotion PRO

Video files still appear in the list for both the original folder and the new one, but they do not automatically upload from either. Manual upload from either of the folders still works.

cj Advertising

cj Advertising PRO

I tried disabling the app then letting it create the upload folder. Stuck a file in it 30 minutes ago and still don't see anything. Not sure how long to wait.

cj Advertising

cj Advertising PRO

No, that's one we manually uploaded. This one is called "Tim Test Do Not Delete Source Test"

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Okay, I'm trying to automatically upload one now to test. Keep me posted on if yours goes up in the meantime.

Chris Lei

Chris Lei

same issue here. i thought the point of automatic upload was that when a new video gets added to my folder, vimeo would just automatically upload it. i have try disconnecting and reconnecting.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that, Chris. I'll run some more tests on this and try to replicate the issue.

TopFootage.com

TopFootage.com PRO

Still not working for me. I posted over a month ago, as did many others even more recently. Can we please get a status update. Many of us are wasting our time waiting and trying to get this to working.

If this feature is abandonware, then please just let us know so we don't waste any more time here.

In case it helps, my vimeo settings are not to allow access to my entire dropbox, just to /Apps/Vimeo

The videos are seen by Vimeo, I can manually choose to upload them from dropbox, just no auto upload.

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Just to double check, are you positive that all of the spelling is correct in terms of the specific folder you're trying to access? Secondly, have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the app? We are still working on replicating the issue to move forward in solving the issue.

TopFootage.com

TopFootage.com PRO

The folder has always been the default folder: /Dropbox/Apps/Vimeo
The videos all have extension .mp4
I am on windows 7 x64

This morning I deleted and reconnected the dropbox account from the vimeo panel. I waited several hours and still no uploads.

Next, I gave Vimeo access to my entire dropbox and created a new folder and gave vimeo autoupload permissions for that folder and moved all the videos in there and still no uploads.

When I go to the Vimeo upload page and select "Choose from Dropbox" everything is visible there and I can select up to 5 and they appear in Vimeo instantly, so Vimeo can definately see the folders and videos.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Interesting. I've been periodically testing this every few days and it has always been working fine for me. I'll try again today.

Spot Media Production Group

Spot Media Production Group PRO

I also have not been able to get automatic uploads to work. I've tried relinking the accounts multiple times but it still doesn't upload anything. If I try to manually upload from dropbox it does show the files are in the dropbox folder but nothing ever gets uploaded.

Mark

Mark Staff

How long have you been waiting? It can take multiple hours depending on your connection.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

If speed is a priority, I recommend doing that then. The auto upload feature does take longer.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

It should not take days but from my experience, it takes a bit longer.

TopFootage.com

TopFootage.com PRO

Well I am throwing in the towel here. Seems like this has negative level priority. I will find another way to get this done.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Dropbox automatic upload appears to still be working, albeit slower than a normal upload. We're going to work on this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Spearfishing Azores

Spearfishing Azores

Abstract: Automatic upload from DB not working.

Also tried it today... the video was placed in the Dropbox/Apps/Vimeo folder and setup to automatic upload. After 6 hours and no luck, I manually uploaded it from Dropbox and it took just a few minutes

Mark

Mark Staff

Curious, did you try removing it and re-adding it?

Popkorn TV

Popkorn TV Plus

We've signed up today to the automatic uploader - nothing has happened so we're uploading manually now. Shame as it would be a great feature if it worked.

Mark

Mark Staff

Sorry about that, we're looking into these issues.

TCmotion

TCmotion PRO

The "Dropbox Upload Status" link continues to recognize files in my auto upload folder, but never does anything with them. I can select the files for manual upload from Dropbox just fine. The auto uploader worked once after some linking and unlinking, but defaulted back to inactivity right after, despite other attempts to unlink and relink.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

How long are you waiting? It does take a while but it is still working fine for me.

TCmotion

TCmotion PRO

I have let a few tests sit upwards of a couple weeks before deleting them. Usually if I'm doing a test after a unlink/relink bout, I'll let them be for anywhere from a couple hours to overnight.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Okay thanks for clarifying. I'm going to continue to look into this.

WatchFirstNow

WatchFirstNow PRO

This feature does not work for me either. It was one of the reasons i moved *and paid) from youtube to vimeo, I am dissapointed.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. However, I'm seeing a few videos uploaded from Dropbox on the 24th on your account. Were those not uploaded with the automatic uploader?

WatchFirstNow

WatchFirstNow PRO

Hi Ian,

I put about 40 video's in my drop box to automatically upload, The first 4 or 5 did upload automatically, but then after that i had to go to the upload page and select 5 videos at a time from the dropbox to upload.

While it was still faster then using the online upload page, It did not automatically upload more then the first 4 or 5 videos.

- Adam

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Okay. Thanks for clarifying, Adam. I'll run some tests and pass this information on to our developers. Thanks for the heads up.

WatchFirstNow

WatchFirstNow PRO

Ian, I added a bunch more video's to the drop box, it took about 2 hours before they uploaded to Vimeo, but it did work this time around. I will keep you up to date if there are any more problems.

- Adam

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Thanks for following up, Adam and I encourage you to do so. Merry Christmas!

WatchFirstNow

WatchFirstNow PRO

Ian, I have had files waiting to upload for 12 hours now. they have not uploaded.

WatchFirstNow

WatchFirstNow PRO

That's what I ended up doing, I used the "choose from dropbox feature" But when I uploaded using that method, whenever i would select 5 videos, only 4 would upload.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Interesting. Our developers are currently working on a fix for these issues.

Alan Pierson

Alan Pierson Plus

Yeah, I'm having the same problem: I've had files sitting in my Dropbox auto-upload folder for hours and nothing seems to be happening on the Vimeo side. (Finally uploaded them manually.)

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Thanks for the report, Alan. We'll do some additional testing to see if we can figure out what's going on and determine if the issue is on our end or Dropbox's.

Alan Pierson

Alan Pierson Plus

Thanks so much, Darnell! I've been really enjoying getting to know Vimeo over the last couple of days, and I appreciate all of your work and responsiveness. I hope this Dropbox auto-upload feature can get working -- it's something that would be really useful.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Thanks, Alan. So great to hear that your experience on Vimeo has been a good one so far. Happy new year!

Lee Family

Lee Family

I'm just echoing what some others have said for the developer's information. My videos in the automatic upload folder in DropBox have been just sitting there too. Automatic upload works sometimes, but I can't really tell when it does and doesn't.

Mark

Mark Staff

Have you tried removing the video and re-adding it?

Lee Family

Lee Family

I removed the files, renamed them so Vimeo won't get confused, and re-added them to the upload folder. Vimeo doesn't recognize the new files yet. When I click on the "+ Dropbox upload status" in the Upload page, Vimeo shows the old files that used to sit in the Dropbox upload folder. I'll give it a few more hours and see how things change.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Okay, sounds good. I'm going to run some tests today as well.

Lee Family

Lee Family

Three hours after I re-added the videos to the Dropbox upload folder, the first file is being transcoded. Unless one of your staff members initiated something manually, automatic upload seems to be running. There was a three hour delay, but I can live with that.

Mark

Mark Staff

Nope, we didn't do anything on our end. Please note that this process is slower than uploading normally because first it must upload to Dropbox, and then it gets uploaded to us, so it essentially takes twice as long.

Lee Family

Lee Family

I don't understand the first part: "first it must upload to Dropbox". Do you mean the uploading time from my desktop to Dropbox server? It's pretty fast actually with the broadband that I have. When I posted the comment 3 hours ago, the videos were already residing in the Dropbox servers, fully synced. It has been all Vimeo since then.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Correct, the uploading time from your desktop to the Dropbox server.

Lee Family

Lee Family

Ok, it's been another 4 hours since the uploading of the first video. Since then, nothing. Vimeo is not uploading any more videos. I think this is in line with what others have experienced.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Thank you for letting us know. We haven't been able to replicate the uploading issues on our side yet, but we're continuing to dig in based on all of the reports we've been getting. We hope to know more soon. In the meantime I recommend uploading directly to Vimeo. Apologies for the inconvenience.

WedFlik

WedFlik PRO

Hello, Automatic uploads also are not working for us - we're able to manually upload from dropbox; when we try to set up the auto-uploader though by enabling the app and directing the folder to our dropbox - apps - vimeo folder it immediately unchecks itself as soon as we save settings.

Also, are you considering enabling the ability to upload manually more than 5 dropbox videos at a time? If we're unable to use dropbox automatic uploading it would be useful to manually check up to as many videos as we like; as we are hosting dozens of clips at a time in one portfolio page; currently the manual uploading is taking a a very long time.
Could someone look into this and let us know if we're setting something up improperly?
Thanks for your help.

Link: vimeopro.com/wedflik/maria-macke-raw-clips

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

I took a look at your settings and it looks like you are not set up with automatic upload? Did you recently turn that setting off?

WedFlik

WedFlik PRO

Hi, that's our issue, the box will not remain checked. When i check the box to auto upload from / dropbox/apps/vimeo it lets me choose the folder, close the window and the box shows as checked.

then if i click off the screen with all apps, and return the box is unchecked. We've tried it a number of times and it doesn't save our preference. As i don't see an option on the page to save settings is it supposed to auto-save? Is anyone else having the same issue as we really would like to enable the feature thanks

WedFlik

WedFlik PRO

Hi Ian, any update? Can you please look at our settings? I'm currently seeing that it will save my info - that I want dropbox to auto-upload from our apps/vimeo folder - and I have 213 files ready for upload, but after checking the status in the right hand column from my vimeo/upload - none of them are auto starting. Would like to see if I can enable this so that I don't have to choose them individually, thanks

Mark

Mark Staff

We currently don't have any updates on this, sorry.

Lexercise

Lexercise PRO

Same issue here with auto-upload not working. We tried un-linking and re-linking the app to no avail.

Radiate Films

Radiate Films PRO

I'm having the same issue with Auto-Upload as well. I tried deleting the app and resetting it up but still not working. Any ideas?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Huh. Sorry about that. This still appears to be working fine for me (albeit, it is not as fast as using vimeo.com/upload). However, I'll look into this with our developers when I'm back in the office.

typofonic.com

typofonic.com

P.S. FTP or WebDAV upload could actually be great also!

Through the Bible w/ Les Feldick

Through the Bible w/ Les Feldick PRO

Sorry, I found this thread after I started another on this subject. Here's my issue:

“I put 4 videos (ea approx 80mb) in my 'Apps/Vimeo' folder in Dropbox 2 days ago. They made it to Dropbox but not Vimeo. I've tried giving Vimeo access to all my Dropbox folders & only to the 'Apps/Vimeo' folder. No change. I've disconnected and reconnected, no change. Any insight as to why this might be? Thanks, Jason”

Mark

Mark Staff

I answered you in the other thread you created.

Existence Church

Existence Church Plus

Auto Upload via Dropbox has never worked for us. Videos sit for weeks and never upload. We've tried disconnecting/reconnecting, etc.

We can manually upload videos from the Auto-upload folder, but we'd really prefer to have the Auto-upload functionality.

Mark

Mark Staff

We're looking into some issues regarding auto uploads.

douglas lyon

douglas lyon PRO

Videos manually upload from dropbox well. But the automatic upload
setting does not stick, after setting....and files do not upload automatically.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Thanks for the heads up, Doug. I'll run some tests on this today.

Livesending

Livesending

We are also struggling with auto uploading. Any news on this?

Christopher Gray

Christopher Gray PRO

oh dear, I have just paid $200 for this service. I would really like to know why you are still advertising it on your site if it has not worked for 6 months. I have so far waiting 5 hours for a 8 second test video to be uploaded from dropbox to Vimeo.

Mark

Mark Staff

It works 99.9% of the time. I'm sorry you're having trouble, please try removing and re-adding the files.

Colin Warhurst

Colin Warhurst Plus

Hello - I've just signed up for a PRO account, and I seem to be having the same issue. A file is in my ~Dropbox/Apps/Vimeo folder, but doe snot appear to be doing anything automatically.

When I click on 'check upload status' a pop up box appears, with the title of my file, which I can hover over as if it is a link, but clicking does nothing, and there is no animation or status bar to suggest anything is happening other than it sitting there.

I have tried connecting and disconnecting, but nothing is happening. Any suggestions? Thanks

Mark

Mark Staff

Have you tried removing and re-adding the file?

Colin Warhurst

Colin Warhurst Plus

Hello,

I tried moving the file into another folder, then back in. I tried renaming. I've tried "triggering" the process by manually uploading a smaller clip through drop box (manual method works). I've tried pointing it at numerous folders test folders. I also tried completely disconnecting and re-adding the app from scratch, even in different browsers.

Nothing seems to work!

I notice a closed thread on this topics from 6 months ago. What was the outcome/news of the investigation? There are a fair few of us with us this issue, and if it will take a while to get fixed (or will not be fixed in the near future) some facts or detail would at least ease our minds?

Many thanks, Col

Mark

Mark Staff

How large is the file and how long are you waiting?

Colin Warhurst

Colin Warhurst Plus

Hi Mark,

The file is 309.59 MB, and has been in the dropbox since Monday (18th) night.
No process seems to have even started, so the workd "waiting" is a red herring, as that implies something has started or tirggered, when in fact everything just seems to be inactive.

As a test, I will also try adding some new smaller clips (4-5 seconds each) today and leave them for 24 hours or so.

Mark

Mark Staff

I'm seeing some incomplete uploads from Tuesday at 8 AM, but nothing from Monday. It seems that those files never made it out of Dropbox and to us.

Colin Warhurst

Colin Warhurst Plus

I was doing some manual uploads through a web browser yesterday (they would be the Tuesday AM files) - My dropbox problems/experiments were from the day(s) before (Sunday/Monday).

I am in work at the moment, but I have just done the following (in this order)
1 - Removed Dropbox from my Vimeo Apps
2 - In Dropbox, deleted all the previous test files
3 - In dropbox, deleted the Folder(s) Vimeo had made
4 - In Dropbox settings, headed to apps page, removed Vimeo
**This should be now, hopefully, a clean install**

Colin Warhurst

Colin Warhurst Plus

5 - In Vimeo, signed up to Dropbox connect. Ticked "enable automatic uploads"
6 - Dropbox API pops up, asks me to confirm, I say yes
7 - Vimeo reports it has made the Apps/Vimeo folder
8 - I go into Dropbox, I can see the folders have been made
9 - Via web browser, I have dragged a small iphone test clip into the folder

10 - Via web browser, I attempted to uploading another test video into the folder at approx 485MB, but my browser keeps crashing. I will try another browser, and the desktop app when I get home later. (Is it an issue with file size?)
11 - My test iphone video is in the folder, and after ten minutes or so, nothing seems to be happening.

I'm all out of ideas!

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Huh, sorry for the trouble, Colin. I'm going to try and replicate this and talk with our developers. Thanks for the heads up.

Colin Warhurst

Colin Warhurst Plus

Thanks Ian. Are there any updates? Other users still having issues? Many thank, Col

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Colin, our developers are working on some fixes that should address these issues. Thanks for your patience!

STORM

STORM PRO

We'd really like an alternative to the automatic dropbox upload, that way we don't have to get an account set up for dropbox AND vimeo, also we'd like to just go straight to the target, not swerve around it and hope the target picks it up. WebDAV, FTP or any API would be awesome, as long as it can be run from local scripts. If that's already possible and i've google'd poorly please let me know.

Mark

Mark Staff

FTP is something we're looking into maybe incorporating in the future.

Mark

Mark Staff

Have you tried removing and re-adding the files?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.