kruzer

kruzer

I was never able to replace a single video.
Uploaded the exact same number of MB video file as a replacement... it all went well and accepted 100% but NOTHING has changed.
Same as before.

Why don't you guys just get rid of this function and if I delete something, ADD it to my allocation. Nothing can be simpler.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

because when you delete a video all data associated with that video are gone forever. most people want to hold on to their comments, likes, stats, etc.

what is the url of the video you were trying to replace?

kruzer

kruzer

Sox, I was NEVER able to replace anything!
It uploads 100% and then nothing. I never get notice that it's 'done' with e-mail.

When people replace video all text and data change (new video) anyway so what's the point keeping old text and tabs? I can see that if trying to replace the SAME video.

I don't mind at all replacing the text and tags and whatever is required. It's not a big deal.
I have a bunch of videos that needs to be replaced and can't. It never worked for me. There is definately a problem on your end with the codes :)

Here's the video : vimeo.com/1855544
Thanks for looking into this.

kruzer

kruzer

This is really a bitch. I tried it again and got 100% success and NOTHING has changed.

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

please try clearing your browser cache and see if that helps. also, is the file thats available to download the correct one?

Dreamartist Films

Dreamartist Films

I'm also never able to replace. I dont like losing my statistics. I replaced this with an updated cut that never went through even though it processed?
vimeo.com/2172952

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

please try clearing your browser cache and try again. also, is the file thats available to download the correct one?

Dreamartist Films

Dreamartist Films

Clearing my cache didn't seem to help. If theres no mix up on the server end the one I uploaded should be the correct one as long as its the same video. If it's going to go down for a while I'd rather just leave it for now.

kruzer

kruzer

ditto here... never once able to replace anything.

However, on another accounts I have which are newer ones (30 days), no problems to replace.
May have something to do with older accounts?

Grant Baldwin

Grant Baldwin PRO

tried your suggestion, cleared the cache and downloaded the file but its still the old version.

Dreamartist Films

Dreamartist Films

Can you guys please fix this. You cannot update your video after you've given out the links and received a lot of statistics. It's a pretty bad bug. Much appreciated.

Dreamartist Films

Dreamartist Films

Blake could you keep me posted as soon as it works, because I really want to replace a couple of videos with updated cuts, but I don't want to mess with it and then lose whats there.

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

I understand, we're looking into it now. Thanks for your patience and sorry for the trouble.

Christopher McKee

Christopher McKee

Same here, I've been replacing a video fine for the past week. Now, since yesterday, the upload finishes ok and shows the 'vimeo color bars' and sends me an e-mail saying it's done, but the new file is not there - I still have the old one. (I have to replace the thumbnail again, but still have the old video)
vimeo.com/2064478

Christopher McKee

Christopher McKee

Replacing a file: I cleared the cache, changed the name of the file and increased the file size to see if that would help. It did not, but it did take off an additional amount from my weekly storage..... incredible!
This is not the first time the replacing function has stopped working. Very annoying. Is it possible to fix this bug once and for all??!!!
vimeo.com/2064478

Casey Pugh

Casey Pugh Alum

Hi Christopher,

It's working for me... does it still not work for you? If not, try clearing your browser cache or using a different browser.

Christopher McKee

Christopher McKee

I finally contacted Vimeo help and they resolved things...after deleting my previous video with the numbers of views and comments...
Thanks anyway.

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Is it the same video you have linked above? I'm showing play counts and comments from many days ago on it. Let me know.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.