Thrive Art School

Thrive Art School PRO

Using iframe/universal player with vimeo pro videos embedded in my site/domain. I have "mobile-version" of the videos enabled globally and set for each video.

Playback works great on Desktop, IOS devices etc, but fails with a blank player for Windows Phone 7 devices.

embed code per the docs, eg:

I see a handful of other posts about Windows Mobile 7 not working, but they seem to get closed without a concrete answer.

Link: thriveart.com/tour

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, unfortunately, the light box you are using may not be compatible with our code and your particular mobile device. Do Vimeo embeds using just our code work?

Thrive Art School

Thrive Art School PRO

Hey Ian - thanks for the reply. Not related to the light-box at the first Url I have - even on simpler pages where the iframe is already embedded I can't get them to work. Here's a test page I did that has nothing more than the Vimeo Player on it. I'm using the Windows Phone 7 free emulator to test, same on an actual phone.

thriveart.com/vimeotest

Link: thriveart.com/vimeotest

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Hmm, ok, we'll do some additional testing on this issue. Unfortunately, due to Hurricane Sandy, we don't currently have access to our test Windows Phone 7 device. Sorry about that!

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Hey there- thanks for checking back in. We're aware that our embedded player doesn't work with WP7 devices. Because WP8 has been released and official support for the WP7 platform will soon be phased out, this issue probably will not be fixed. Our apologies for any inconvenience.

SKOV A/S

SKOV A/S Business

WP7 is not at all going to be phased out soon. Latest news from Microsoft Campus Days in Copenhagen in October/November is that there will be a WP7.5 update which will incorporate as many as the features from WP8 as hardware allows. Vimeo iframe support for WP7 and WP8 is a MUST, as this is a business phone platform. It should have been there long ago. And it should not be difficult to make it work, as Vimeo have HTML5 and H.264 video support already, probably the browser is simply not detected correctly. Why not just send HTML5/H.264 instead of Flash to any browser which Vimeo does not recognize? At the company I work for, we use Video Pro for all our web embedded videos, and WP is our primary employee phone platform.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We're looking into any IE10/WP8/Win8 embedding issues now. Flash has absolutely nothing to do with mobile videos on our site at all. We're doing our best to make sure we're compatible with as many platforms as possible, but also understand that we're a small team and some platforms with lower traffic, such as WP7, may not receive the same amount of support as more popular platforms. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

Thrive Art School Public

Thrive Art School Public

vimeo team - thanks for the clarification at least. admittedly it is only my microsoft employee friends that are complaining ;)

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.