Dion Hinchcliffe

Dion Hinchcliffe

This just happened this evening. I've been taking some gorgeous HD video and uploading it. Now everything just appears in standard definition.

A good example of this is vimeo.com/2173242 which is a great video of Union Square in San Francisco. It has been playing in HD all week and has looked great. This evening, it's just SD.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I'm here for the HD playback for sure and this is a showstopper for me.

Thanks much for your time.

Best,

Dion

Ben Guild

Ben Guild

I uploaded a HD video 2-hours ago and it just switched to Standard Definition... which SUCKS. I've been watching it and showing it to people in HD all night so far.

Richie C

Richie C

Same thing happened with my account. All my HD videos are now SD. Maybe it's happening to others too?

Tungsteno Films

Tungsteno Films PRO

same thing here, i was just about to post the same thing...waiting for this to pass

Emrys Roberts

Emrys Roberts PRO

Yep same here, I agree with Matt. Hopefully its just maintenance and everything will be back up some time later.

Caleb

Caleb Plus

Yeah, happening to me too. Will probably pass, although I am paying for this service now, with the promise of more and better HD, so this is a little more frustrating than it used to be.

Richie C

Richie C

I was just about to sign up today. I agree. I'll pass. This was a deal breaker.

Jaime Chévere

Jaime Chévere Plus

Same thing with me. If this is a strategy to force users to became a member of plus... not, not not...

The Bui Brothers

The Bui Brothers

Ours too. I took a look at the HD feed and lots of them are not HD anymore.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Alum

I wouldn't panic about this. Vimeo staff may be doing work on the system, they will let us know what's going on. There are now posts about it in the forums so trust me, there aware.

Trevor Meeks

Trevor Meeks

Same problem here, ran it by Dalas and he referred me to this thread. Looking forward to it getting worked out. Thanks!

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

This should be fixed now. If you are still experiencing this issue, please clear your browser cache (shift+refresh).

The Bui Brothers

The Bui Brothers

Hey Vimeo Staff (Blake and Peter?), I just tried after a shift+refresh and in another browser and our video:

vimeo.com/2201951

is still having the problem.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

the HD version of this video is playing fine for me. can you please clear all cache and try again please?

Matthew Robertson

Matthew Robertson

Yea, still not working. It shows up as hd now, but isn't HD

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

can you post the url we can look at please?

Marcos Zanet

Marcos Zanet

vimeo.com/2194661

I don't know if it's the same problem here, we upload this video, it shows the hd thumbnail, but when playing, it's all black.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

hello marcos, i'm pushing the HD version through our transcoder again. you should receive an email notification when the job is finished.

Harry Simpson

Harry Simpson

My HD video is appearing as SD in square aspect ratio. I realize it says that Vimeo will convert into HD but how long does this take. It should display in the 16/9 ar in HD
Thanks
Harry

Harry Simpson

Harry Simpson

Looked back at the project and it was 1280x720x32 BUT the render was set at 720x480 which i missed. Thank you for your patience. I'm rerendering in several different formats all in 1280x720 to see which works best with my 5D mk2 files processed with Vegas platinum 9 on a PC......

Gabriele Silvestro

Gabriele Silvestro

Yes, I read everything about compression. The problem is that when I render the movie in 3D Max, I put the compressor ecc ecc. Infact the movie is in HD on my pc when it finishes rendering. But when I upload it on Vimeo the quality is very low, in spite of there is the HD logo on the video.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.