BobTB

BobTB

I did have other questions before paying for your service.

It appears commercial usage is still out, but there are a ton of videos on here (mostly game related) showing products, with banners at the beginning/end, and being embedded in the developer's product pages.

Is there a commercial account available that's just not listed on your site?

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

Ray is correct, Vimeo is for personal use only, regardless of the other videos you may find to the contrary. Videos that violate our Terms are removed as we encounter them.

Underground Planet

Underground Planet Plus

The answer, in a word, is no.

Video's that you describe may have a place if they are posted by the person that created the video as an example of their work. It's not a given and such videos run the risk of being removed by the Vimeo staff if they are deemed in violation of the rules you stated.

- Ray

Persistence of Vision

Persistence of Vision Plus

Well here's a question then...

I'm a professional filmmaker. My company creates previsualizations for assisting the preproduction process. After a film reaches the silver screen, we're permitted to display that work on our website to promote ourselves. All our work is original, and its definitely indicative of what we do on a regular basis.

Your rules say I can show promotional materials as an example of my work, but businesses and commercial usage is not permitted. How can I be sure you're not going to delete my work? Is there a review process? Will Vimeo inform me of "how" my video is "in violation" and give me an opportunity to explain or exchange it, or will it just be deleted?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.