Tom Jeffries

Tom Jeffries

We have some videos that we would like to post, but they are for a particular audience and we want to restrict access to them. Can we do that with a Plus account, or do we need a Pro account?

Mark

Mark Staff

It depends. How would you like to restrict access?

Tom Jeffries

Tom Jeffries

Very simple- we want to restrict access to specific people that we give access to. We will have their email addresses, can set up passwords, etc. on our own site.

Mark

Mark Staff

Okay - so it sounds like what you want to do is hide the content from Vimeo.com and make it available only embedded on your domain, is that correct? You can do this with both Plus and PRO. Please note though, if this is for commercial use, you'd need to use PRO.

Tom Jeffries

Tom Jeffries

People are paying to watch the video, which may be what you mean by commercial, but the group that is putting up the video is a non-profit. Does that make it commercial?

Mark

Mark Staff

If it's non-profit then that's okay, you can use Plus.

Steve Yager

Steve Yager

I'm interested in why commercial use requires a Pro account. Please explain, thanks.

Mark

Mark Staff

There's no reason other than we created PRO specifically for commercial use. We didn't allow any commercial content whatsoever before we created PRO.

Tom Jeffries

Tom Jeffries

Mark, I've been asked to get a clarification from you. The non-profit I'm working with is putting on a series of lectures. Fees are charged for the lectures and go to paying the speakers and for the facility and other expenses. We would like to post videos of the lectures, and the fees for watching the videos will go to exactly the same things- adequately compensating the speakers and paying for the overhead. The non-profit is based in California, and complies with all the legal requirements. The fees simply go towards expenses.

If that will work using a Vimeo Plus account, we'll be setting it up very soon. I appreciate your input.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hey Tom, as long as it's a non-profit, as Mark suggested, it's okay with us. Good luck with the lecture series.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.