VINK

VINK Plus

Hello. Hopefully you can help me on this subject, that is driving me crazy!
The thing is I have been trying to upload one of my hd vimeo videos on to my wix page. The problem is when I do so it looks terrible. I have been uploading it using the url, but I have also tried embedding it, but nothing seems to work.
I thought it was merely a wix problem, and so I have been trying to solve it through their support. But i have just realised that when I upload a different hd video from vimeo it looks good. So it seems to be that the problem is my video.
So I was wondering maybe you can give me some tips on what should be the video specs, so I can make sure it uploads correctly. Or maybe you have some other suggestion that could be helpful on this subject.
Thank you and regards.

Enlace: vink.cl/

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, as a Basic member, you unfortunately cannot embed HD videos. Consequently, your video is displaying in SD, which is causing it to not look as good as it does on Vimeo. If you would like to embed your videos in HD, you will need a Plus or PRO account.

Link: vimeo.com/plus vimeo.com/pro

VINK

VINK Plus

I thought this was the solution. But I still have one doubt: why is it that i can upload a video from a different basic vimeo account (like this: vimeo.com/franssjoberg), and it looks better than my own video? This is why I am asking if there is some kind of spec I need to have in consideration when uploading my video on vimeo.
Because the thing is I have no problems in buying a plus account, but I need to be sure that this will definitely work.
Thank you in advance.

Mark

Mark Staff

It's just due to the nature of your video. Fast moving intricate images like that are really, really hard to compress in SD.

VINK

VINK Plus

I am not totally sure what you mean when you say "compress in SD"? Because the video I am uploading has a resolution of 1280x720 (so is HD; no SD); and the data rate I am pretty sure is of 5000 kbps (which is also HD).
Please help me understand: is there anything I can do? or I will never be able to see this video with perfect quality on wix? Not even if I buy a vimeo plus account? Please!
Thank you!

Mark

Mark Staff

It's playing back in SD on your website because you are not a Plus or PRO member. SD versions, specifically of these types of videos such as yours, are not going to look good in SD.

If you were to upgrade to Plus, you can embed the HD version which looks much better.

VINK

VINK Plus

So, you can assure me that with a Vimeo Plus account I won´t have this problem?

Mark

Mark Staff

If you like the way it looks on Vimeo, with HD on, then no, you won't have that problem.

VINK

VINK Plus

Mark, thank you for such quick response!
But I have one last question: as same as you, I think the video is not looking perfect on vimeo. Are there any suggestions you could give me on how to make sure that the videos I upload will look great? I ask you this because I am not sure if maybe I am loosing some kind of setting? Because the video you see on my page is already in HD but, again, it doesn't seem to be so.
I would be grateful to hear all of your suggestions. Thanks!

Mark

Mark Staff

Your compression settings look fine. Unfortunately, like I said earlier, videos of this type of content are hard to compress.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.