Kingdom Builders

Kingdom Builders Plus

Can you tell me how we can handle situations where we are putting the video on a website and slower internet connections can't view without it stopping and starting. Is there some settings we can change so it can play with slower internet connections.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Tammy, I recommend defaulting your video to SD by deselecting the option: "Default this video to HD when embedded" in your video's embed settings.

Duc Bieu Pham

Duc Bieu Pham

...and if you're one of those viewers? My normal strategy in the past with this issue was to let the video run its course/buffer (choppy) and then start over and view from the beginning (smoothly). Does this approach no longer work for Vimeo? Does it matter if we use the Flash Player or HTML5 one?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, that's a good method and should work fine for both the Flash and Html5 player. Deselecting the HD viewing option so that you're watching the video in SD will also help slow load times.

Duc Bieu Pham

Duc Bieu Pham

Thanks for the confirmation, Ian. It looks like I've already let one video run its course in HD...thus, it should theoretically not be choppy on playback, right? Any other suggestions on what to do if I want to view it in HD using this method?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Duc, I'd just click play and then click pause and wait for the video to buffer before viewing.

Duc Bieu Pham

Duc Bieu Pham

Thanks, Ian. I'm trying to do that, but it's not working. I tried witht he Flash player and now the HTML5 one is giving me "Oops! Something broke. Please try again later!" I'm using the Chrome browser and refreshing it, reloading the page. Any other suggestions on what to do?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Duc, can you try updating your Flash player to the current version? That may help.

Duc Bieu Pham

Duc Bieu Pham

Thanks, Ian. I used Firefox instead in SD mode, and that seemed to work fine.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.