Jeff Chappell

Jeff Chappell

I keep receiving this error when trying to upload. What is the fix? File size 3.96GB 5.0GB limit and all available.

"The input file size exceeds the maximum size of 1024 MB per file."

Mark

Mark Staff

I'd suggest not uploading from Quicktime, because they impose a share size limit. Export it manually then upload it separately.

Jeff Chappell

Jeff Chappell

I have tried uploading vimeo.com...stuck on "UPLOAD STARTING" What can i do to get this on?

Jeff Chappell

Jeff Chappell

should I be able to upload that file from my iPad? that is where it resides. Although I do have it on my iMac, it can only be connected via wifi and the download time is crazy long. I use roadrunner turbo. NOt sure what happens but Vimeo app closes after it is about halfway completed, then I have to start all over again.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Huh, sorry about that. Is it getting stuck on "upload starting" on both your iMac and iPad?

Jeff Chappell

Jeff Chappell

no, it got stuck at 9% and I left it loading for 4 more hours at that position. It never changed. 331 mb into upload it locked up, What can I do. This is very important?

Mark

Mark Staff

As Ian asked, is this on the iMac or iPad?

Jeff Chappell

Jeff Chappell

Imac is uploading about 9% of upload (331 mb) and then freezing or ;coking Kept connection for 5hrs.

Jeff Chappell

Jeff Chappell

So to answer the question, it is locking up on both the Ipad and iMac...Imac being uploaded directly from website.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Gotcha. Can you make sure that your video is compressed according to our recommended compression settings? If it is, can you then try switching between the basic/advanced uploaders?

Also, are you uploading in Safari by chance? I've noticed a few cases of uploads stalling in Safari. Can you try switching browsers and uploading and see if that helps? Let me know what you find. Thanks Jeff.

Jeff Chappell

Jeff Chappell

can you tell me the best way to compress the file for use with vimeo? Just so I can make sure I am doing it right?

I am using Safari, but will try Firefox after I redo compression.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that, Jeff. I meant to include a link. It's below now and make sure to note the tutorials on the right side of the page if you get stuck. Let us know how it goes.

Vimeo FAQ: vimeo.com/help/compression

Jeff Chappell

Jeff Chappell

do I need to "compress" the file if I am loading it through your website? In other words, I have a .mov file on my desktop that I want to load through your website. Do I need to do anything special to it prior to downloading?

Jeff Chappell

Jeff Chappell

Here's the problem through Firefox form my IMAC...uploading form your website "Sorry, there was an error on our end with the upload. Please try again shortly."

Jeff Chappell

Jeff Chappell

Listen Guys, with all do respect I have been working on this upload for 4 days. I have done everything you have asked....multiple times. Firefox says there is a problem on your end, Your server locks up on the upload with Safari between 5-9 percent. The file is correctly compressed...Imovie, Quicktime will not even upload to your system. What's the deal? If it wont work, let me know or else I need a solution. I have tried the compressed file directly on your site, that's when I get the furthest, but still it will not upload. Nor will it upload directly from iPad. You may call at 9196022811...I will be available for an hour.

Mark

Mark Staff

Do you have any antivirus software or firewalls running?

Mark

Mark Staff

What happens if you disable that?

BTW, MacKeeper is phoney software. I'd recommend using something else.

Jeff Chappell

Jeff Chappell

Any suggestions in lieu of mackeeper? I was knew to Apple products when I got it.

Mark

Mark Staff

Avast! and ClamXav are cool (and free) but in all honesty, you kind of don't really need anything.

Jeff Chappell

Jeff Chappell

uninstalled mackeeper and locked up at 50mb of download

Jeff Chappell

Jeff Chappell

so...I got the file uploaded. I am not sure if the issue is related or was related to my Imac or my wifi...but when I put it on a windows laptop and connected it with a wired connection rather than wireless...it went.

I wonder if this will be an ongoing problem? I want to use vimeo to put our sermons and services online once we get the kinks worked out.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.