Kermit Daniel

Kermit Daniel Plus

I recently uploaded two video files. All appears normal until I play them. Each has 10 minutes of black screen added to the front. So my 5 minute video I just uploaded is now 15 minutes long. After 10 minutes of black, my video plays normally. This happened to the two videos I've most recently uploaded. I've had no problems uploading other videos before this.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Thanks. I'm going to download it and take a look at the original file.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. This is probably due to some kind of corruption in your source file. Which software did you use to create this file?

For the quickest and easiest solution, I would recommend downloading a free program like Handbrake (handbrake.fr) and re-compressing following our Compression Guidelines. You can follow a video tutorial on how to do so here: vimeo.com/24008730

Kermit Daniel

Kermit Daniel Plus

I'll try that. I used Adobe Encore CS5.1 as I have for other files that I uploaded successfully. I can't figure out what I've done differently with this one, but I'll try Handbrake.

AJMAX

AJMAX

Hi, I just uploaded my first video (vimeo.com/59564498) and I faced the same problem!
There is first 10 minutes of black/silence added, then starts my short movie (4:17)
[Video was encoded using x264, Audio using Aften-AC3, muxed using tsMuxer]
Could you please help/advice how to avoid this? Thanks

AJMAX

AJMAX

Hi, thanks.
FYI: I realized where is the problem:
Vimeo loader has probably sometimes (i.e. I'm not sure if always) problems with M2TS container.
I just re-wrapped the content into MP4 container (without recompression of elementary video/audio streams), and uploaded it successfully. No "10 first minutes black" anymore :-)

Maybe you should recommend also proper container on vimeo.com/help/compression pages, not only recommended format of elementary streams.

Mark

Mark Staff

Okay, thank you for the clarification.

ivseye

ivseye

Hi Vimeo,
I uploaded a couple private videos for clients, and once you click the link, put in the password the video takes about 2 minutes to load before the video plays. These are none HD files. set at 1280x720. vimeo.com/59194430 password: nawalb

Plss Let Me Know How I Can Resolve This

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that. I wasn't able to replicate this. Is the issue happening in all browsers?

ivseye

ivseye

When you say you weren't able to replicate this, what does that mean ?? I had my client open the video on a couple different browsers. Safari and Chrome, both seem to have this 2 minute loading time before the video even starts. Once you click on the link theres an option to switch the player to html from flash that helped, but I shouldn't have to do that. Especially for a video in nonehd. It should play right away.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry for the confusion. When I tried to replicate the issue you had I wasn't able to. Meaning, your video started right away for me. Because your video is working with the Html5 player but not Flash suggests that there may be an issue with your Flash player. Can you try re-installing it?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.