Mitsuoka

Mitsuoka

Hi!

I have this issue on Google Chrome, on IE10 I get slideshow, on Opera works fine - after few tries.
Chrome is my primary brower and I don't want to have a separate browser for Vimeo, so I hope for some solution. :D

It was working fine since last one or two weeks.

Tried:
- Clear cache
- Fresh install of Chrome
- Windows reinstall (ok, not for this problem but I've done that too :D)

Android playback on S III & S III mini works fine
WP8 playback on 8S works fine

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

What are you doing on Vimeo when Chrome crashes? Are you uploading, watching a video, etc.?

Mitsuoka

Mitsuoka

No, not Chrome, Vimeo crashes with message Oops! Something broke. When I start video playback. or after 2-3 seconds. Everytime.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing and provide a link to it here? You can upload it to ge.tt

Mitsuoka

Mitsuoka

New info. It was ok for one day, today - same problem.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Interesting. Do you have any browser add-ons installed? Can you try disabling them and see if that helps?

Mitsuoka

Mitsuoka

All add-ons disabled, same problem. :(

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Huh, sorry about that. And is this happening with all videos or a specific one? Are you in an office scenario that may have a firewall?

Mitsuoka

Mitsuoka

All videos and it is home PC.

I've tried to turn off firewall - Same problem.

I really don't know what this is. PC is still powerful,
AMD Phenom II X4 965 + ATI Radeon HD4890 + 4GB DDR3 RAM still works pretty well, drivers are up to date, everything works, but Vimeo works like slideshow on some browsers and doesn't work on Chrome at all. :?

EDIT: IE10 works ok ATM. I hope it will last some time :/

Mitsuoka

Mitsuoka

Windows 8. But this issue is half month old and I have Win8 for almost half a year.

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Ok, thanks for clarifying. A developer is running some tests; we'll get back to you as soon as we can!

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there, we are not able to replicate this issue on Chrome and Windows 8, so we'll need to troubleshoot further. Just to confirm, do see the same error message whether using the Flash player and HTML5 player?

Mitsuoka

Mitsuoka

I have mentioned it above. Both Flash and HTML5 player.

Marc Lehman

Marc Lehman

I'm getting the same problem, the most bizarre thing is I have the exact same specs as you (except more ram). And this problem started this morning for me. 1-2 sec of playback and then error.

Mitsuoka

Mitsuoka

Well, thats really interesting. Maybe we can isolate the problem now and fix it.
Same laggy video in other browsers?

ILL SKILL

ILL SKILL

I'm getting the same problem
Windows 8
In firefox - ok....

Help me please!

ILL SKILL

ILL SKILL

I can't choose Flash or HTML5

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi there, What do you mean when you say you can't choose Flash or HTML5? The button should appear in Google Chrome right underneath the player. What happens when you click it?

ILL SKILL

ILL SKILL

Hi!
I don't have this button =(((

Kevin Paterson

Kevin Paterson

I have this problem too, the only way I can play a video in Chrome is by using an incognito window. Clearing my cache doesn't work.

Mark

Mark Staff

What about clearing your cookies? Do you have any browser add-ons running?

Kevin Paterson

Kevin Paterson

I cleared my cookies, and videos played. I logged in again, and they broke again.

Strangely, the "HD" button in the player looked more italicised when I was logged in compared to being logged out of Vimeo.

seanwickman

seanwickman

I've been having the same problem for about a week. The videos load up for a couple seconds then the "Oops, something broke" screen comes on. I've had luck watching videos on Firefox but usually halfway or so through the video the screen goes green and begins to skip and fastforward.

seanwickman

seanwickman

Okay so I cleared my cache and switched it to play on Flash and have the hardware acceleration turned off (like I did previously) and it seems to have fixed the problem for now

Floone Media

Floone Media PRO

Same problem here. Running windows 8 64bit. Internet Explorer works fine..

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Sorry for the trouble!

It sounds like this issue is being caused by a bad combination of factors between your computer and Google Chrome. To resolve the issue, please make the following change in Google Chrome:

1. Open Chrome
  2. Type this in the address bar: chrome://flags
  3. Click the “Disable” link underneath the option titled “Disable hardware-accelerated video decode” (which will be about half way down the page)

Please let us know if making this change does not resolve your issue

tot ZOOM

tot ZOOM

Hi Darnell,
We experienced the same problem and followed your instruction and now it works. Thanks.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.