David Blair

David Blair Plus

I've just put up my first feature, Wax..., cc'd it [non-commercial, attribution], and made it freely downloadable. Wax is funny, strange, and played in a lot of theatres back in the day... I self-distributed it to 26 cities, had great reviews from NY to Chicago to SF ... and by some accident of instant archaeology was the first film on the internet [ repeat of link above, nytimes.com/1993/05/24/business/cult-film-is-a-first-on-internet.html ]. It would be great, if for some reason you actually read this random posting, to mention it to someone else, because there are some people who really would like to know. I think. Thanks, David Blair ... and I'm doing this because Wax is the prequel to my current project, The Telepathic Motion Picure of THE LOST TRIBES, a sort of science fiction film set in Manchuria in the 1930s, and it is, in turn, a sequel to Wax, and so it goes, etc.

Links: vimeo.com/telepathicmovie/wax , waxweb.org , nytimes.com/1993/05/24/business/cult-film-is-a-first-on-internet.html

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.