Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Hi all,

Looking for feedback on our latest film, One Day Son
vimeo.com/45402824

If you give us a play and comment on the video on the video page I'll return the favour with honest opinion, possible like and share on facebook (if I really like it!)

Drop your videos in here for me to watch (remember to comment on our films vimeo page or I wont return the favour - thats the idea right!)

Lets get the community vibe going people!!

Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Hi Wendy!

Apologies for the delay in taking a look at your documentary, I missed it as it was at the top of the thread!

Beautiful story, really enjoyed it! Evelyn voice was beautiful at the start, really draws you into the story. Great use of mixed video and stills (with movement) with really nice music too!

One area for improvement could be to look into a different microphone. Condensor microphones can provide you with more of a professional sound, so might looking into one.

Great work though Wendy, looking forward to seeing more!

[Re]:DOC

[Re]:DOC Plus

Britain’s Budding Baristas come together annually to compete for the title of UK Barista Champion, securing their spot in the World Barista Championships to represent their country in a display of knowledge, craftsmanship and dedication. The events are manic caffeine driven frenzies where addicts from the industry, the press and competitors all want a sip of the action.

Link: vimeo.com/121831269

Ryan Quinn

Ryan Quinn

Nice work...please check out the show I'm producing for my school right now. Just 17 minutes of good student film, animation, and photography.

Link: vimeo.com/45967503

Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Great Stuff Ryan, some really creative and very professional looking films from the students.

First film was great and loved the ending! They did a great job to build the tension and suspense (fantastic locations as well by the way!) and great little pay off at the end. Loved the animation on Roberto Gonzales was really great - he should build upon that and use this concept for a full music video - think dance acts would bite his arm off for it!

Some lovely photography, shorts and other animations in there too, LIKED and looking forward to the next episode.

Strawhouse Pictures

Strawhouse Pictures

Very beautiful, and haunting. I love the atmosphere. Brilliant.

Noticed a little audio pop at 2:35. Might wanna crossfade it if you do another run. Beautiful short, though.

vimeo.com/46162520

Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Thanks for the heads up!

21 Questions looks fantastic, great concept. Liked and very much looking forward to seeing the full length production. I've followed you for updates!

Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Hi Micheal,

Thanks for your feedback.

Was really interesting to see what you can get on a camera phone and some nice editing - looked like Super 8 footage. Some really nice shots there my friend!

Killscreen Films

Killscreen Films

I loved the film. It has a lot of heart and honesty. Really moving and beautiful. If I were to suggest anything, it would be perhaps to expand the ending a bit more so that we have a scene between the dad and son. Fantastic as is but I would to see these two brought together on screen more in the film.

I have a short film here:
vimeo.com/35814274

Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Thanks for the feedback buddy.

Loved Six Weeks Later, well executed short with great humour! Camera work was right on the money and I loved the music and the beginning and end - french new wave feel to it.

Look forward to your next piece!

Dave Coy

Dave Coy

Hey there! I just loaded my first vid and it would be alot of fun if some of you all would take a look. I am open to hear what ya'll have to say. I'll take a gander at yours as well :)

Cheers!

Dave

Link: vimeo.com/46660346

Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Hi Dave,

Nice stuff, echo the comment from Camille regarding the sound. Camera work was good - think its nice to have some movement with this kind of piece. For smoother movement though I cannot recommend a monopod enough - set ups are quick, flexible and easy. Very nicely edited too!

Lovely piece of music by the way.

Ron Fugelseth

Ron Fugelseth

In the same way Calvin and Hobbes have their own imaginary world, my son and his toy train are inseparable. I documented their friendship over 5 months and made the train come to life in the way I think my son sees him. What started as a home video, turned into something more interesting to a general audience (I think). I'm looking for feedback as I'm thinking of shooting this again with more of a commercial feel. This time having the train go to space in a weather balloon.

Any feedback will be appreciate and returned. :)
vimeo.com/26024027

Link: vimeo.com/26024027

Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Brilliant Ron, great work!

Really nice way of bringing the piece to life - great animation of the face and loved the music. Lovely put together video. Liked and followed!

Liking the look of that pizza too!!!

1stBeStrong

1stBeStrong

Hey Dude, good idea. Since I don't have a clue yet. 1st day here and just put up my 1st Tandem Sky Dive. I even tagged as Extreme Sport, but can't find it. Laughing at myself now!!
vimeo.com/47608725
Check it out. It's 5 minutes from plane to ground 13,000 feet, 5,000 of it is free falling. It is something everyone should do. If I can do it with all my 'physical issues' from a wreck, anyone can. It's like flying on the breath of an Angel...

Link: vimeo.com/47608725

Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Great stuff matey, really captured the experience - I quite fancy a sky dive now!!

POV nature of it really worked and could see someone definitely buying into this as part of the experience. Do you know what camera the media guy used? Would be interesting to know as it worked well under the conditions of flying to earth at that speed!

kate lloyd

kate lloyd

Yes OK then! I really liked yours. The music isn't quite to my taste though. Would love opinions on mine- ' Rep'

Link: vimeo.com/46055513

Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Hi Kate,

Really nicely shot film, great little concept that you explore really well.

Some slight jumps in 'room tone' which is more noticeable because of the intimate nature of the film - something to look out for in future.

Loved the awkward 'waiting' scene in blockbusters, very well done. Really liked the night scene, lighting was great, illuminating the pink hair nicely!

The way you captured internet activity (chat room and web cam) worked really well - think they captured the insular environment REP found herself in.

Great short Kate, have liked and shared - hope to see more from yourself soon!

Andy Lyskov

Andy Lyskov

i liked your work mate! could you check out my little clip and give your thoughts and some views/likes? cheers!

Link: vimeo.com/46524126

Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Great stuff guys - looking forward to seeing more!

Good variation of shots in there, which I think is a definite with promos like this. Nice music as well Andy. I've followed and look forward to seeing more!

coydogfilms

coydogfilms Plus

Nice work! Engaging story and characters. Beautiful cinematography. I like the music as well.
Could you check out the trailer for my upcoming film and give me your comments please?

Link: vimeo.com/46848350

Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Hi mate,

This looks like a cracking film.

Joel seems to be a very likeable and relatable character - and as someone in a similar age bracket can definitely see the appeal in this movie. Really looking forward to seeing more so I've followed you - be sure to send an update on the films progress!!

Albeit the title of the film, I really hope he holds on to the dogs!!!

Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Hi ore,

Don't speak Russian so can't comment on the dialogue, but visually this was great. Some very nice composed shots, with very nice lighting and good use of black and white.

Edited together very nicely too, looking forward to seeing more from you.

Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Hi ore,

Don't speak Russian so can't comment on the dialogue, but visually this was great. Some very nice composed shots, with very nice lighting and good use of black and white.

Edited together very nicely too, looking forward to seeing more from you.

Vic Vaughn

Vic Vaughn Plus

I just finished your film. I thought it was great! I left you some comments. I'd really appreciate your honest opinion of my vid. It's only a school project (we had to make a music video to this song). My instructors loved it and said it's the best they've seen in 10 years or so. However, I go to a broadcasting school, so perhaps their just not accustomed to seeing quality work?

I'd like someone's honest opinion and constructive criticism, if any. Thanks!
vimeo.com/48422355

Link: vimeo.com/48422355

Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Apologies for the delay in getting back! - bit snowed under with a new script!

Some really nice shots in there Victor, the close up on those blue eyes was stunning. Think you could have ended on that shot (think it was a stronger shot than the clouds in my opinion), maybe even a close up on the blue eye.

A good variety in there, well cut to the pace of the music. However I would have maybe built up the speed of the cuts - starting slowly with more static shots then built up as the song and pace increased.
It does showcase that you've got a great cinematographers eye, some shots I wish you would have dwelled on more, but again that comes back to the pacing.

In terms of advice (from the comments on my video), I would say the staple classics ring true - write what you know and keep practicing. I personally found having a writing partner works wonders too, performing your scripts as you write them is of great benefit.

Stephanie Walker

Stephanie Walker

Hey!

I just watched your film, I thought the same thing as ~Victor, it was awesome! :). Please can you do me a massive favour by watching my short film, vote and share my short film as it has been entered into the London Surf Film Festival. Thank you!! :D

vimeo.com/47664529

And here is the link to vote! :D

londonsurffilmfestival.com/surfing

Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Beautiful stuff Steph, brilliant animation.

Artwork was fantastic and especially liked the transitions between shots - very nicely narrated too!

Have voted! Best of luck!

Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Fantastic, really nicely put together.

Great dialgue and performance by your lead, was drawn in straight away. Narrative was great and loved how it ended!

Was very nicely shot, with some lovely composed shots. Audio sometime jumped in volume slightly, but nothing too major.

Loved it Kris, have Liked!

Monico Pictures

Monico Pictures

Read the first post and I'll be happy to give you some feedback :)

William Holloway

William Holloway

Wow..so great and really beautiful. loved the music too. The editing really made it solid.

This is a a visual art piece/music video i did for my friend about identity, gender roles, sexual politics and demons. Enjoy!

Link: vimeo.com/49884005

NewDctonary

NewDctonary

We would also like to receive some feedback if that is alright. This is our first real attempt at a short film.

Link: vimeo.com/52287226

NewDctonary

NewDctonary

I ended up watching One Day Son a second time around and wanted to add a few thoughts to the comment I left. Like I said before, I really enjoyed it. It made me very happy, but I think more interaction between the father and son would be beneficial. BUT I think you did a really good job of sculpting the relationship between the father and son very well regardless of their minimal interaction. When the son approaches his father about the scooter the father does not shut down his son's desires, but expresses his apologies for not being able to get this until Christmas. When the father and (I am assuming) mother are arguing the mother proclaims, "john (who I am assuming is the son) will only defend you", etc. Both of these moments, coupled with the sons 5 quid offering, really showcase the love between these two. Here's my problem, though: I did not pick up on those two small moments until my second viewing. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention enough the first time around, but I figured

NewDctonary

NewDctonary

that I should share my thoughts.
All in all, great job, I really enjoyed it :)
Good luck with all of your future endeavors!

CodyMcLean

CodyMcLean

Hey All, here is a short film I made. Please check it out and if you enjoy maybe leave some feedback.
Thanks, Cody
vimeo.com/53133460

Mariano Gila

Mariano Gila

This is my last work. Is a music video of my group.
In this video my son play the drums... just 6 years old, enjoy!

Enlace: vimeo.com/68465150

Word of Mouth Arts Network

Word of Mouth Arts Network Plus

This is trailer #1 for my first feature doc film Open Mind Eyes Heart, does it make you want to watch the whole thing? Play your part, thanks... I'll check your film out after my workout.

Link: vimeo.com/60470279

Dave Stair

Dave Stair

I took George's Jones's He Stopped Loving Her Today and adapted into a short dramatic monologue. Casting people don't seem to have to sit thru any monologues over 2 minutes anymore and I think this packs some intersting beats into that time frame . Please watch and lemme know what you think.

Link: youtube.com/watch?v=KEKjwl5s5AE

Camp Video 2013

Camp Video 2013

Your video was superb! I re watch it all the time! I would like to share my video however it is not a short film however, it is like one just more highlights! I filmed and edited this all by myself. Its based on a summer camp and it shows people what they do within there journey of the summer! Plus i'm also 15 and i tend to make videos more often, and maybe one day make my own short thought the years. God bless.

Link: vimeo.com/72373909

ART BY CHANCE

ART BY CHANCE PRO

Hello everyone! This is Cagil from Art By Chance working as Project Coordination Assistant.
Art by Chance Film Festival collects amazingly diverse ultra short films from all around the world. Before long, internationally selected fascinating movies pop into your lives suddenly in subways, airports, shopping malls, etc reaching more than 20 countries / 200 cities and 1.5 billion worldwide.
Theme for this year is Discover. Art By Chance sets out to celebrate the act of discovery in all its forms, from people to places to ideas this year. We would greatly appreciate it if you kindly support us and spread the word. Get going! We are waiting for your films! You might win a round flight ticket to anywhere in the world by the courtesy of our global sponsor Turkish Airlines. For more information about the festival, please visit artbychance.com
Our participation video: vimeo.com/105332631
Kindest regards,
Cagil Ozdemir
Project Coordination Assistant

Link: artbychance.com

Andrew J. Etheridge

Andrew J. Etheridge

Joy; great freaking good man. It's fascinating how competitive beatboxing is especially in other parts of the world. I have so many questions to ask you like what kind of camera did you use, how did you edit the footage, how long did it take? You have me really inspired to do some stuff like this man. Once again great work.

Andrew J. Etheridge

Andrew J. Etheridge

Hey I'm still pretty new here so I would really appreciate it if you watch my first short film, I Wish You Peace. Definitely appreciate any comments and helpful critiques.

Link: vimeo.com/122206287

[Re]:DOC

[Re]:DOC Plus

Britain’s Budding Baristas come together annually to compete for the title of UK Barista Champion, securing their spot in the World Barista Championships to represent their country in a display of knowledge, craftsmanship and dedication. The events are manic caffeine driven frenzies where addicts from the industry, the press and competitors all want a sip of the action.

Link: vimeo.com/121831269

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.