Heavybit

Heavybit PRO

Hi guys,

I uploaded a file (Chris Stolt - Providing Support to Developers) and it's been 'finishing up' for a few hours now. It's a non-standard size of 2240 x 720 so that may be the cause. I'm going to reattempt the upload with a direct ethernet connection. I don't think the custom resolution is an issue since my other 10 sec. test-video seemed to work fine.

Can you provide some clarity on this and the best way to get something custom like this up and working? Thanks.

-Tim

Link: vimeo.com/59470694

Mark

Mark Staff

Looks like this upload failed. The dimensions shouldn't be an issue, but make sure the rest of your compression settings match what we recommend

Vimeo FAQ: vimeo.com/help/compression

Heavybit

Heavybit PRO

Hey Mark,

Just uploaded it again using a direct line with a Cat5e. Can you confirm that it's uploaded properly?
Thanks.

Link: vimeo.com/59506800

Mark

Mark Staff

This one says upload incomplete. Did the progress bar actually reach 100% and say complete on your end?

Heavybit

Heavybit PRO

Yup. It gave me the green "Go to Video" button and then during processing it gave me an error. I'm re-rendering it now in H.264 and re-uploading via hardline again. If possible please keep an eye on the progress and let me know if you see any issues. This will be my 5th attempt. Fingers crossed.

Thanks. //Tim

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Okay, will do Tim. Let us know if this happens again. Sorry that you've been having so much trouble with this.

Heavybit

Heavybit PRO

Ok guys. I took screen caps to verify my progress. I have the start at 0%, then 100% then the error. Please let me know what's going on. My company would like this working ASAP. Thanks.

-Tim

Link: imgur.com/a/Bn1rZ

Heavybit

Heavybit PRO

That's correct. Haven't deleted yet.

Sidebar: I like that the URL has pwnd in it.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Okay. Thanks for clarifying. Are you using the Basic or Advanced uploader?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Which uploader ultimately allowed you to get the 1440 x 632 up? Can you try again with that uploader with the higher resolution version?

Heavybit

Heavybit PRO

I tried both uploaders with the 2240 video. I use the old uploader for the 1440.
I don't think I'm going to try again since I don't the resources to keep troubleshooting this problem.

I think we're going to stick with using 1440 since that's worked on the first try. I did want to mention as Pro customers we're unhappy with the level of support and service that has been provided for this issue that still hasn't been resolved by you guys.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Okay sounds good. Sorry you're unhappy, we're looking into what is causing your specific issue at the moment.

Heavybit

Heavybit PRO

Hey guys,

Just uploaded the same video at 1440 x 632. Worked fine. Any clues as to why this one worked and not the larger resolution? Aspect Ratio is still the same.
Thanks. //Tim

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Jeff, sorry about that. It looks like your upload failed. Can you try uploading again?

Moxley

Moxley Plus

I am trying to understand why my video takes so long at the "finishing up" screen.

My friend, was uploading a video at the same time as me, I reached 100% first and his started converting first, mine takes a couple hours before its actually done, we both have the EXACT same settings. Some help would be nice, one of my favorite parts of the "plus" feature is not working properly.

Please let me know,
Thanks
Zac

Mark

Mark Staff

Looks like it's up now, sorry about that.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.