Zammy!

Zammy!

So, pretty much ever since Vimeo has switched over to their new format, whenever I tend to watch a video on Vimeo whether it is in SD or HD, I get this weird sploch of black spots all over the place in the video. This has happened every single time I watch a video. Its very annoying to watch videos when this happens.

I've tried to look for answers all over the place in the help section but not found a single thing unless I am looking for the wrong thing.

I have the newest flash and I am also a Firefox user. If Someone from Vimeo could please help me out I would extremely appreciate it because this has been confusing for me for months now.

~Zammy

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Zammy, sorry for the trouble. Is this happening on all videos or a particular video? Can you tell me if switching the to the Html5 player in Chrome makes a difference?

Vimeo FAQ: vimeo.com/help/faq/usingthevimeowebsite#switchplayer

Zammy!

Zammy!

Hello Ian, thank you for getting back to me swiftly, I thought I had looked over everything in the FAQ but I guess I was mistaken.

Within Firefox if I would watch a video it would do that, same for internext explore. I just downloaded Chrome and there was no issue with this. Why is that? I am certainly confused.

Thak you for getting back to me and sorry for the trouble. :)

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you take a screenshot, upload it to ge.tt and post the link to it here?

Zammy!

Zammy!

@Mark, here you go. Sorry for the title it was random aha. But as you can see, the video has weird black spots that show up all over the place.

ge.tt/51IV0OY/v/0

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Woah, that's odd. I've never seen that before. Can you try re-installing your Flash player? Because Chrome supports Html5, I'm thinking that your Flash player may be corrupted.

Zammy!

Zammy!

@ian

Like I said, it has happened any time I watch a video on Vimeo which is why I stopped watching videos on here but there is certain people that will only post their material on vimeo. This tends to happen after a scene change in videos. Its random where it could happen any second, goes away and then reappears. It is really uncomforting as I like Vimeo quite a bit.

I already uninstalled Flash player and re-installed, it did the same thing. As I said I am a main Firefox user, but just downloaded Chrome and when I watched a video in Chrome, it did not happen at all.

Does firefox allow Html5?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

No, Firefox does not support our Html5 player. Reinstalling your Flash player to the current version should have solved this issue. I'm going to continue to look into this.

Zammy!

Zammy!

When I watch the video in the Chrome Browser there is nothing wrong, no artifacts, nothing.

But when I watch it in the firefox browswer those black blobs appear.

* I already uninstalled and re-installed the latest newest one Flash Player.
* Have the newest firefox.

I already switched the player in Chrome to the Html5 player. It still does the same thing in Firefox however.

I'm not angry, just disappointed as I wanted to keep away from other browser. Its something to look into. I do not have this issue with Youtube if I watch videos on there with Firefox.

Mark

Mark Staff

Try this -

1) Right-click on the on the video you're having issues with 2) Click Settings 3) Click the left-most tab 4) Uncheck the 'Enable hardware acceleration' checkbox to disable hardware acceleration. 5) Refresh the page

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.