Daniel Peixe

Daniel Peixe

Hi! I uploaded this video recently , and it just looks too compressed and low quality. The original video is a 640x480 SD video , compressed in h264 with quicktime.It looks just fine in my computer.I dont understand what I´m doing wrong.Vimeo normally has the best compression quality for online videos.
Thank you for your help!

Link: vimeo.com/60346152

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that, Daniel. Unfortunately that's the best quality we can currently offer. If quality is your main concern, I recommend uploading a version with a minimum resolution width of 1280px so that we can encode it to HD.

Vimeo FAQ: vimeo.com/help/compression

Tommy Ellis

Tommy Ellis

Staff,
I have been uploading videos at H.264 1280x720 and the playback is extremely low quality...way worse than it should be. Any help with solving this would be greatly appreciated!

Example:
vimeo.com/60311123

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, that's because that specific video wasn't encoded to HD. As a basic member, you are only allowed 1 HD upload per week.

Tommy Ellis

Tommy Ellis

Ian,

I don't see an option to upload a video as HD. The only place I see HD mentioned is in the video resolution (1280 wide), which I have.

Stephen Orsillo

Stephen Orsillo

I am noticing the same thing, I even uploaded a new version. Also the thumbnails are not showing up, all I have is colored bars......

Link: vimeo.com/60355992

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Stephen, if quality is your main concern, I recommend uploading a version with a resolution width of 1280px so that we can encode your video to HD. You can select a thumbnail for your video here: vimeo.com/60355992/settings

Stephen Orsillo

Stephen Orsillo

Hi Ian! The page still says the thumbnails are being made.... hmmm.... The colored bars are still on the video page as well....

Mark

Mark Staff

I'm seeing a thumbnail just fine. Hmmm - i'll try once more to create them. Let me know if it worked.

Stephen Orsillo

Stephen Orsillo

hi mark, yes, i had to create it manually... i coulda sworn it used to generate them for us, i could be wrong..

Mark

Mark Staff

It seems like we may be having some issues with thumbnails today - i'm seeing a lot of reports like this. I will look into it.

Stephen Orsillo

Stephen Orsillo

oh! i just checked, there are a whole slew of them now! Thanks!!!

Mark

Mark Staff

No problem, Stephen! Glad it worked this time.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.