CareSimple

CareSimple PRO

Hi - this is a re-post of a question from 2 weeks ago, which seems to have disappeared from the forum.

After uploading our video, two fairly loud beeps are audible at ~0:30. This sound isn't in the original file (& doesn't appear when the video is hosted on YouTube). I tried uploading a 2nd copy of the same video (vimeo.com/59508736), and exactly the same thing happened.

From reading other posts on the forum, it seems this has happened to other users, and there may be an option for you to covert with different tools. Can we have our video re-converted to remove the beeps?

Thanks,
The CareSimple team

Links: vimeo.com/59184256, caresimple.com;

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that. I'm going to have a developer look into this.

CareSimple

CareSimple PRO

Hello - just checking to see if there's been any progress on the "mystery beep?" We are ramping up the marketing on our website, so traffic is growing and we're inflicting a lot more annoying beeps on our visitors.

Thanks for any help!

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry, unfortunately we're still working on this. In the meantime, can you tell me what software you used to edit/compress your video? Re-compressing and then re-uploading may help.

CareSimple

CareSimple PRO

The video was produced by an agency that used After Effects to build the animation. Re-compressing the file is not an option for us. And besides, we have every reason to think the original .mp4 file is valid. It plays fine in Windows Media Player, on Mac-based video players, and on YouTube across multiple platforms. The noise problem only arose after uploading the file to Vimeo... and the problem repeated itself when I re-uploaded the file.

I'm no video-file expert, but to me all the signs point to a problem in the upload/convert process.

Ashburton New Life Church

Ashburton New Life Church Plus

Hi there, we are also having this same problem with the high pinched beeps however our beeps seem to be all through our video. 1:46, 2:16, 2:38, 2:44, 2:51, 3:06 just to point out a few. Here is the link to the video in question (vimeo.com/60525306) but a lot of our other videos also have them.

Thanks

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that. I'm going to pass this onto a developer now.

Shoefiti

Shoefiti

Hello,
I am experiencing the same problem with this video: vimeo.com/61148318
At 1m24, 2m22 and 2m25.
This only appears when HQ MODE IS OFF apparently.

I've noticed it this morning. Checked the original file on my computer: it has no beeps. Reuploaded it again this after-noon. Same problem.

I exported via Adobe Premiere, using h246 codec in Vimeo HD export preset. It's 25 images/s, 48khz, 320kbit/s AAC audio.

Do you have any news about this? Thank you.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. I'm going to look into this with a developer.

Shoefiti

Shoefiti

Great! Thanks for being so quick to reply. Let me know when you get more info.
Best regards,
Henri (for Shoefiti)

Mindset

Mindset PRO

Hello, I also have this problem with our video "Booster - Deltagarcoach" at 1:08: a high frequency beep. However, It's not always there.. just sometimes when you watch it :S I used After Effects CS6 to render the video in h.264, AAC, 1080p at 1Mb constant bitrate.

/ Henrik for Mindset

Mark

Mark Staff

Hey Mindset, i'm going to try and re-encode this video for you right now.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Sorry about that, I'm only hearing the beep on the SD version so I'm going to try generating a new SD version to see if that helps.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Unfortunately the new SD version doesn't fix it, we'll have to take a look at this once we're back in the office on Monday!

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there, we're trying something new with your file — please let us know if the beep is still audible in about an hour. Thanks!

CareSimple

CareSimple PRO

Hi - whatever you did seemed to fix the problem, no beep is audible. Thank you!!

Dominic Qwek

Dominic Qwek

I'm getting the same problem with my video at 2:07. HD version is fine. I've tried re-encoding and reuploading, doesn't seem to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Link: vimeo.com/62596001

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.