Jeff Wexler

Jeff Wexler PRO

The embed for my videos works just fine on my sites that support an embed (iframe) but for others I want to use the Share LINK code on sites where iframe embed is not supported. With the LINK code, video displays in a much smaller player than the preset sizes I have (which are part of the embed code). Can the LINK put up on a site produce a player that is the same as the player used in the embed?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Jeff, unfortunately, that's not entirely up to us. When you are not using our embed code, it is up to the site that you are posting the link on to read the URL and then embed our player, which we don't have control over.

Jeff Wexler

Jeff Wexler PRO

That answer sort of helps. I am posting the link on my own site that I have total control over and there is no default setting for what player should be used. The small player that is used, when I use the Vimeo link, is a Vimeo player I believe, but just configured at a much smaller size. I will try and sort this out. I just thought that there might be a default size player that is part of the link description on Vimeo but maybe not.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Nope, there is no default size. If it's your own site, I recommend just using the embed code.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.