Air Reel Productions

Air Reel Productions Plus

hi,

I am creating videos at 1080p and 60fps, real smooth, etc. When I upload it to Vimeo it loses quality big time, even after I Upgraded it to 1080p in the Video File settings. Is there any way Vimeo will play/render a video at 60fps, thus honoring its original quality?

Thanks!

Air Reel Productions

Thanks. So basically, there is no option for Vimeo to play at 60fps, regardless of the coded. Is that correct?

This is unfortunate as videos on that frame rate are simply stunning for Nature, etc.

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Hey Fernando, no, we don't display videos at 60 fps :( Really sorry about that. If you upload at that frame rate, our system will pull it down to one that we accept and can display.

Air Reel Productions

Thanks. Vimeo is awesome and I will keep posting my videos here, but for professional purposes, I need to start uploading and rendering at 60fps for my client demos. Do you know when Vimeo will support that? In the mean while, do you know what other online video hosts I can use to get 60 fps? YouTube? Etc...

Thanks again

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

We definitely appreciate your feedback and are always working toward allowing users to do more with their videos. Unfortunately, we have no ETA on when we might allow videos to be uploaded at 60 fps. If you'd like to mention that idea in our Feature Requests thread, feel free! vimeo.com/forums/feature_requests

Bromontana

Bromontana Plus

I have just uploaded the same video three times. it was shot at 60fps and processed at 1080p. I'm using FCPX. This video looks incredible on my personal computer, but even after lowering the settings to 720p on vimeo, it looks choppy. I just upgraded to Plus for not reason. Boo Vimeo

Link: vimeo.com/65413300

Bromontana

Bromontana Plus

Hi, I'm using FCPX. I have a video shot at 60 fps and 720p. I edited it at 24 fps 1080p. It looks totally smooth on my computer. On vimeo it looks choppy and poor quality. I've uploaded it every way one can imagine, including using the "fast encoding" setting. I've tried uploading the source file (which is huge). The file direct from FCPX with the proper settings is around 400MB. I upgraded to Plus a few days ago so that I could upload such a large video. I've tried using hand brake to adjust the bit rate and convert to MP4. I've followed the guidelines as best I can. If this can't be resolved, I would like my money back. Thank you. Let me know if any additional information is required.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, have you since uploaded a different version? The one linked above was deleted. I'd like to take a look at the video and check out its meta data.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Thanks. Your compression settings look good to me and your video actually played back quite flawlessly. While in safari, do you notice a difference when you switch between the Flash and Html5 player?

Vimeo FAQ: vimeo.com/help/faq/usingthevimeowebsite#switchplayer

Bromontana

Bromontana Plus

It is looking better on flash. Thank you. I swear I tried that already, but it it didn't work. Oh well. Thanks again

IOTA Creative

IOTA Creative

are there any video hosting sites that allow higher than 30fps?

Winfried Hoffmann

Winfried Hoffmann

With all the new cameras supporting 1080p48/50/60 it would be really nice to get higher framerates than 30fps. Especially for action and sports videos, higher framerates make a huge difference. I just shot a skiing video in 1080p50 which looks great on the local computer, but taking it down to 25fps looks just bad and choppy, because of the short shutter speed the video was shot on (= no motion blur). Adding motion blur in postproduction is not an option. Therefore I can't use vimeo for this type of video.
So please support 48/50/60 fps on Vimeo. Thanks.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Thanks for the feedback, Winfried. We'll keep this in mind.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.