Linda Blagg

Linda Blagg Plus

Hi Vimeo staff, hope I'm not wasting anyone's time. I understand the difference between a load and a play, BUT I think something might be wrong with my stats - I've been getting 3000 - 4000 loads and in this case, 42 plays. With a whole series of stats like this I'm thinking there must be something wrong, cheers Linda from Fremantle.

Link: vimeo.com/stats

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Linda, is this happening with all of your videos or just a single one?

Mark

Mark Staff

This seems about normal, Linda. No need to worry!

Scott McGhee

Scott McGhee Plus

But it does seem strange that people would take the time to load that many videos and then not play them. I've often wondered about this. I've got a similar ratio.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry for the confusion, Scott. A load happens every time the video player loads on a website or on Vimeo. It doesn't necessarily take effort or time from other people besides visiting your site.

St Paul Communications Services

St Paul Communications Services Plus

I am fairly new to using Vimeo Plus, and I am still confused by the terms load and play. Play to me means the viewer actually "played" or watched the video, while load means they downloaded to their website, etc., but didn't necessarily watch it. Is my understanding correct? If so, as Linda indicated, then few people seem to be watching videos they download. Please further explain the diff. Thx.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.