The BearCity Movies

The BearCity Movies PRO

Hello Vimeo, Maybe others have suggested this, or the matter has been decided within Vimeo, but I would recommend the genre "LGBTQ" be added to the drop down menu for Vimeo On Demand films that we upload. I produced two indie romantic comedies with primarily gay content and its a useful way to characterize and sort films. Indeed, there are so many LGBT film festivals worldwide, that the genre is a distinct, widely-known and customary descriptor. Thank you and best!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Thanks for your suggestion. I will pass it along to our curation team for consideration.

The BearCity Movies

The BearCity Movies PRO

Hello Soxiam,
-- Has Vimeo Staff come to a decision on this issue? Please see below for an additional suggestion by a user to use the acronym LGBTQ - and adding I would also be appropriate.

Thanks for any update you can provide!

rrl

rrl

Acronyms can be a pain, but while we're using them, wouldn't "LGBTQ" be more appropriate, where the Q =s both "Queer" and "Questioning"?

The BearCity Movies

The BearCity Movies PRO

LGBTQ is indeed more current and inclusive --and LGBTQI has the added virtue of including "intersex." I agree that the acronym used by the activist community most would be useful in this context.
-- Has Vimeo Staff come to a decision on this issue?

rrl

rrl

Actually, the length this acronym-ing is taking on is getting way out of control - I think it's time for a new, reflexive word ... like ... "QUASH" ... ?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.