michael buckley

michael buckley PRO

How do I make my Vimeo Player responsive?

I have a website that has an embedded Vimeo player on the center, How do I make it responsive when the screen size gets smaller?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Michael, can you link me to the page so that I can look at what you're describing?

Mark

Mark Staff

I'm sorry, but we cannot help you build your website. I'd suggest contacting a web developer.

michael buckley

michael buckley PRO

Im talking about the vimeo player itself. Just forget the website. How do I make the vimeo player responsive? it talks on your features that the vimeo player being able to be responsive and viewed on mobile devices.

Another issue I have is I have set the intro video to autoplay, it works well on PC but when I view it on my nexus 4, the video wont autoplay and when I click the play button it wont play the video on the player but after a few seconds I can hear the audio playing but not the video.

Mark

Mark Staff

This is not something we can really help you with, sorry - again, you'd have to contact a web developer to help you build that.

As for the mobile issue, you cannot autoplay on mobile devices - but it should be playing back fine, can you please create a separate thread about this issue?

Ludlow Media

Ludlow Media PRO

If you have a Vimeo Pro account you can use Sublime html5 video player sublimevideo.net/
you have to copy and paste 3 urls for different bitrates but it works great and it starts free. I am currently a free user but will soon pay to have the player unbranded.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.