Beautiful Day Visuals

Beautiful Day Visuals

Love the site! Love the couch mode! But it's so frustrating when the next video is super loud and you need to go through the process -exit the full screen, adjust the volume, check if it's good, enter the couch mode again....you know what I mean? It takes the couch mode out of couch mode! Would LOOOVE! for you guys to fix that!

Thank you!

Beautiful Day Visuals

Beautiful Day Visuals

Also would be great to have volume controlled by mouse wheel !
People make videos with audio levels all over the place..and quick way to adjust audio like mouse wheel would rock!

Or maybe you could normalize sound during decoding each video!

Thanks!

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

We generally feel it's best for the computer or playback device to control the audio level. Is there any reason you can't control the device's audio?

Beautiful Day Visuals

Beautiful Day Visuals

Yeah, I am using couch mode while sitting on a couch. My computer is connected to my tv and I control everything with the wireless mouse. I could potentially control the volume with the remote from the sound system but It's pretty uncomfortable to go through different remotes. I wish I could do everything with a mouse.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

While I understand that use case I'm not sure of any plans to implement a volume control into couch mode as of yet, but I appreciate your bringing it up.

Leif

Leif

It seems like the volume control is also gone in the normal view on the website as well? I've tried Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer and it seems to be completely gone. I have often multiple audio sources running at the same time (multi monitor setup) where it gets often important to be able to level each of the sources on it's own. I'm really missing it :/

Joey Angerone

Joey Angerone Plus

yes, the volume control seems to be missing for me as well, as of today.

Agustín

Agustín

Hey guys I really enjoy the couch mode, but sometimes I like to put music while playing certain channel as visual..is it a big deal to add it?

Thanks!!

Agustín

Agustín

from the same computer :)

Andrew Downs

Andrew Downs

Hi,
More reasons I miss the couch mode player not having a volume control:
1. I use the optical out on my MacPro. This disables the OS's volume control. If a player doesn't have its own control, I walk over to my amp to control the volume.
2. One of my videos in a stream I'm playing in couch mode has undistorted audio but the couch mode player is sending a level that is causing my computer's audio processor to distort. The only way to fix this on the fly is to turn down the gain in the player.
3. Couch mode affords the notion everything is within arms length.
4. Couch mode is about streaming one video after another so volume adjustments between videos are quite likely to be needed.
5. I expect a player to have a volume control so when it doesn't have one the first thing I'm doing when I need to turn down the volume is looking for the player's volume control.

Regards,
Andrew

Gytis Leonavicius

Gytis Leonavicius

Looking forward to see volume control on couch mode myself.
Thanks vimeo staff for everything!
Cheers!

Baoquoc Doan

Baoquoc Doan

THE UX/Product Person should be demoted - this is the stupidest over site....

Ricardo Garcia

Ricardo Garcia

Lol why isnt there a volume control in couch mode lol Im on a mac so I cant do a mix audio control like you can on windows .... just add a volume controller on couch mode ......

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.